Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone.
I made an interesting discovery the other day. I have a hackintosh that is bloated with RGB. Even though I am not a big fan of all the flashy candy effects, I do like a stylish LED look, something dimmed and one color scheme. But I quickly learned that I was not able to control it so I had to live with a endless rainbow cycle that was not in sync anywhere.

Now I have Windows installed on a separate SSD, and I can style my lights there with ease but it would not stay that way after i rebooted. Well, by accident I stumbled upon a small workaround that works for me. Don´t know if this is universal but you are free to try. And maybe some smart brain can use it to Macgyver some small software that can utilize is.

I boot into my OpenCore. (I have also tested it on another machine with Clover, and it worked there as well.) Then I select my Windows bootloader, and let it boot into my login screen. But I don't login, just wait one minute or so until the RGB lights have changed to the settings I made. Now I choose to restart, and this time I select my macOS, and woalla, the lights are the same as in Windows :)

I would love to hear if anyone else is able to do this as well or if this is just dumb luck on my part.

Hi everyone.
I made an interesting discovery the other day. I have a hackintosh that is bloated with RGB, even though i am not a big fan of all the flashy candy effects Ido like a stylish LED look, something dimmed and one color scheme. But I quickly learned that I was not able to control it so I had to live with a endless rainbow cycle that was not in sync anywhere.
Now I have windows installed on a separate SSD and I can style my lights there with ease but it would not stay that way after i rebooted. Well by accident I stumbled upon a small workaround that works for me. Don´t know if this is universal but you are free to try. And maybe some smart brain can use it to macgyver some small software that can utilize is.

I boot into my Opencore (i have also tested it on another machine with Clover and it worked there as well). There I select my windows bootloader and let it boot into my login screen. But I don´t login, just wait one minute or so until the RGB lights have changed to the settings i made. Now I choose to restart and this time i select my mac osx, and woalla, the lights are the same as in windows :)

I would love to hear if anyone else is able to do this as well or if this is just dumb luck on my part.

Windows controls the BIOS these days. So I would guess that Windows is booting up, setting what ever it does for the RBG in the BIOS and because you do not power down the information remains in the BIOS. Does it remain after you're hack sleeps?

Windows controls the BIOS these days. So I would guess that Windows is booting up, setting what ever it does for the RBG in the BIOS and because you do not power down the information remains in the BIOS. Does it remain after you're hack sleeps?
Yes, it stays that way after I wake it up, and, if I am not mistaken, it stays that way when I start the machine up again. I will check this next time I am at my studio. This is a recent discovery so I have not made note of different scenarios. :)

Has this way remained to work for you?

I want to buy some Vardar RGB case fans, nothing too fancy. Just to bring some light into the whole thing, but I'd prefer no RGB at all vs uncontrollable and non synchronized rainbows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back