Contribute
Register

Review: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Review: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac

Yeah, man, I'm sure. I even went on a day long Google adventure in an attempt to figure it out - found a handful of people having the same problem. Granted, it may only be a certain batch is/was bad. But hey, I live with it, it's a great keyboard. I just have to remember to put one of my OttLites right on the solar panel for a few hours a week (while I'm at my keyboard) to keep it charged.

Coolz - are you sure? I've had mine for months and it has never once gone below 100% power. I have to imagine that it's either getting more than enough light even when working, which is surprising since I use it at night a lot, or that it must be charging even when idle during the day.

I have been using this keyboard for nearly a year and I can say that its excellent to use. Works with my Hacintosh, including Sleep and Wake. I prefer a non bluetooth keyboards because they always function when editing the BIOS or accessing other operating systems.

Own four variants of this keyboard; three PC versions and currently typing from a pink Mac version (now going on a year old.) These units have been absolutely trouble-free and without a doubt the best keyboard I have ever owned.

First one was picked up last spring and the latest was added two months ago.

Own it as well, have had it for almost a year. Best. Keyboard. Ever. Even in my (arguably by my wife) dungeon of an office, it gets plenty of juice from ambient light. The onyl one minor complaint I have is the ink on some keys have rubbed off lsightly, though I might blame WoW for that. Besides my Keurig, best purchase ever.

Only issue I am having after having it as long as I have it the "L" key is starting to fade a bit lol

And I just bought a black one for my other system weeeeeeee

"If it was Aluminum with backlit keyboard I would have given it a 10"

If Apple or anyone else made an aluminum backlit keyboard that was very similar to Apple's slim aluminum keyboard, I'd buy it right away! I don't know why they haven't updated they're keyboards to backlit, they know how awesome they are on their laptops!

Yeah why doesn't apple refresh that keyboard with backlit keys

Yeah why doesn't apple refresh that keyboard with backlit keys

I'm shure, Apple does know about their crapy (keyboard and mice) electronics.

I'm a havy user of Apple wireless keyboards and mice. I use the newer made from Aluminium and the older white wireless Apple Pro keyboards too.
All Apple wireless devices drain the battery rapidly. Same for the not so magic trackpad. (For SALE!)
I have had to change all the bats per month or earlier. Tried several kinds of batteries. From all known big vendors. Used different battery types too. From the type "Long lasting" or for "heavy load". None of them lasted longer then ca. 2 weeks under daily use.
Therefore I changed the batteries versus Sanyo Eneloop accu's. Beceause of the lower voltage I have to change tha accu ca. two times a month though. But I have a couple of sets ,allways charged, at home and swap them if needed.
That saved me a lot from troubleshooting (buy batteries all the time) and reduced my expenses too.
My Logitech mices last at least 3-6 mounth for each battery load.
Thumbs up for Logitech.

Here's a question... I bought this "K750" keyboard online and waiting to receive it, but I see that they also have a "K750 for Mac" Did I make a huge mistake? or is it just a windows key instead of an option key?
Does anyone have this model (without the ""for Mac", windows button)?

I wonder what mouse/trackball will work with this keyboard. Does Logitech have a mouse/trackball for the Mac, which may work with my SL 10.6.8 hack? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back