Motherboard
MSI GS60 2PL
CPU
i5-4200H
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an MSI laptop that I have been running EC on for over a year now. Up until recently, it was running fine. This week the keyboard stopped working. Once I restart the laptop the keyboard starts working again. I tried upgrading to Sierra a few months ago and could not get it to work. I ran out of patience and kept the EC install.

At this point, I'm just thinking about reverting it back to a Windows machine. I've searched, but could not find a step by step guide to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm tired of having to restart my laptop every 2 hours because the keyboard stops working

Thanks

I have an MSI laptop that I have been running EC on for over a year now. Up until recently, it was running fine. This week the keyboard stopped working. Once I restart the laptop the keyboard starts working again. I tried upgrading to Sierra a few months ago and could not get it to work. I ran out of patience and kept the EC install.

At this point, I'm just thinking about reverting it back to a Windows machine. I've searched, but could not find a step by step guide to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm tired of having to restart my laptop every 2 hours because the keyboard stops working

Thanks

You can run diskpart.exe from the Windows installer (press F10 to get a cmd.exe prompt).
From there, you can clean the disk with the 'clean' command (read documentation on diskpart).
After your disk is clean, you can re-install Windows using the Windows installer.

You can run diskpart.exe from the Windows installer (press F10 to get a cmd.exe prompt).
From there, you can clean the disk with the 'clean' command (read documentation on diskpart).
After your disk is clean, you can re-install Windows using the Windows installer.

Would I do that by going into the BIOS and selecting to boot the USB drive with Windows on it? I have an iso file of Windows. Just trying to figure out how to run that. Thanks in advance

Would I do that by going into the BIOS and selecting to boot the USB drive with Windows on it? I have an iso file of Windows. Just trying to figure out how to run that. Thanks in advance

There are many guides available on the net describing how to create a Windows USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back