Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sleep works with no DSDT and the Ivy Bridge AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

MORE UPDATES!

Extracted new AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from new installer, installed with KextBeast. Then deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. No Kernel Panic! Woohoo! Ivy Bridge system sleeps, and wakes up, but no graphics. Had to restart to see screens. I don't really know where to go from here. Does anyone have any ideas? I also extracted AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext. Installing soon.

Attached AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with semi Ivy Bridge support.

EDIT! COOL STUFF!

New kernel raised my Geekbench score from ~12,200 to ~12,900 as well. :D

I used Pacifist to extract the mach_kernel from the new Macbook Pro Installer and replaced MacMan's edited kernel with the one downloaded from Apple. I booted from my backup drive and basically followed the instructions here (step 9), http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052, except I copied the kernel from a different location. Kernel Version Darwin 11.4.2. IT WORKS! :headbang: I can log into iCloud now, something that didn't work on Ivy Bridge before. I'll see what I can do about sleep. :lol:

I put this kernel on a regular 10.7.4 install, not the new MacBook Pro one.

I've attached the mach_kernel from this new OS version.

/Edit

I have an Ivy Bridge processor, so I downloaded the Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) Software Update 1.0. (link http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1542). Installer said I could not install because the software wasn't supported on my system. My system definition is a 2008 Mac Pro. I got it to install by deleting my smbios.plist, location in /Extra, and installing a MacBook Pro 8,1 system definition with MultiBeast. Then I manually changed the string "MacBookPro8,1" to "MacBookPro9,1".

This worked! Installer was okay with this and installation went normally. However, when I try to boot from my main boot drive it gets stuck at what is supposed to be the login screen. I get the little twirling gray circle. Like it's looking for a retina display but can't find one. My monitor is 1920x1200, which is supported as a scaled resolution according to Apple.

Has anyone else had any luck?

Attachments

• mach_kernel.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 261
  • AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    153.3 KB · Views: 255
Re: Retina Macbook 10.7.4 Installation

Very cool... I've gotta try this. :)

Re: Retina Macbook 10.7.4 Installation

Great work.

Thanks for your attached kernel.
I haven't perform an reinstall of the OS. booting from Unibeast USB stick, I've replaced the modified kernel provided by Tony/MacMan with the one you attached, and iCould works. I've no idead about the sleep. Dare not to test it. :D

But it seems that extra kext is needed for the OS to recognize the AHCI controller(Unknown AHCI controller now), USB 3.0 port provided by intel and some other native ivy bridge functions.

Hey, I tried running the Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) Software Update 1.0 and installation worked. I'm also using the same 2008 Mac Pro definition. During boot I'm stuck at the same screen as you are. My monitor is 1680x1050 ... I tried switching to onboard HD4000 graphics but that did not help.

dta said:
Hey, I tried running the Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) Software Update 1.0 and installation worked. I'm also using the same 2008 Mac Pro definition. During boot I'm stuck at the same screen as you are. My monitor is 1680x1050 ... I tried switching to onboard HD4000 graphics but that did not help.

This was a dead end for me. I ended up restoring my boot drive from a carbon copy backup and then just replacing the kernel.

mandrake+ said:
dta said:

This was a dead end for me. I ended up restoring my boot drive from a carbon copy backup and then just replacing the kernel.

Yeah, I'm also restoring right now. But it seems odd that I was able to install the Software Update with a 2008 Mac Pro definition and you weren't. It did not tell me that the software is not supported on my system. I think only installing the new kernel and using some of the new kexts is the way to go.

Nice find but: hmm... Like MacMan's modified kernel it's bootable... It may resolve some app problems like iCloud, but it appears to be all it can do.

I did a clean install using this kernel, it has no impact on speed step or power management... It's kinda cool that I can get Geek bench scores of 13500+, yet clearly these "sissy" results are an indication that the system isn't properly supporting the Z77 and Ivy Bridge platform...

EDIT: mandrake+ Very fricking creative, Thanx...

Alright I did a clean install and I can confirm that the kernel is working. But I'm not able to boot using the new AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (195.0.0) ... still have to use NullCPUPowerManagement. ICloud is working which is great! Thanks!

I will be curious to see if anyone discovers what is causing the hanging login screen. I did not expect to see the update cause an issue that is (I'm guessing related to the lack of a retina display) The non-retina MBPs were updated to ivy bridge yesterday as well. Is this software update package retina-specific? If it is, has Apple released an alternative update for non-retina MBPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back