Graphics
AMD RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Before:
Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 11.52.03 PM.png

and after:
Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 11.52.40 PM.png

All told, spent $300 for the laptop on craigslist and $127 for the processor with shipping included. I AM THRILLED! =D The guides here helped a ton. After i upgraded, I used my unibeast to boot up and went into terminal, deleted the SSDT file from /Extra folder and rebooted. Upon reboot to my mac installation, I reran the probook installer and installed SSDT. working like a champ!

Before:
View attachment 59382

and after:
View attachment 59383

All told, spent $300 for the laptop on craigslist and $127 for the processor with shipping included. I AM THRILLED! =D The guides here helped a ton. After i upgraded, I used my unibeast to boot up and went into terminal, deleted the SSDT file from /Extra folder and rebooted. Upon reboot to my mac installation, I reran the probook installer and installed SSDT. working like a champ!

Can you update/repost the links to the guides that helped you as reference to your OP.

I'm also looking at doing the upgrade for video editing type stuff. playback is ok, but with vlc 1080p hd playback, and realtime video effects like motion blur and other effects, the video freezes/stops and the audio plays on in the background. not sure if final cut pro x is more optimized than vlc for video effects, your cpu bench scores are impressive.

sure thing. give me a little bit. i am about to watch world war z at the theaters but ill post all the info tonight

can't wait to hear more on this and WWZ.

I have the same CPU. Your 32-bit score is a little higher than what I have with 10.8.4
My 64-bit score though, is 9565 (with some minor stuff still running in the back).
What are your temperature readings? Mine idles around 39-40C, internet around 46-48C.

Honestly about the easiest method is to just follow the official 4530s service and maintenance guide

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Manual&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5060880

I went from an i3 something to an quad-core i7 2720qm. My 64bit Geekbench went from around 4300 to 10100.

It was relatively painless. Just keep track of all your screws in different piles so you know what step they go in at. The roughest/scariest part is removing the keyboard. Mine was glued down VERY good and I almost broke it doing it.

sure thing. give me a little bit. i am about to watch world war z at the theaters but ill post all the info tonight

thanks

Honestly about the easiest method is to just follow the official 4530s service and maintenance guide

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Manual&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5060880

I went from an i3 something to an quad-core i7 2720qm. My 64bit Geekbench went from around 4300 to 10100.

It was relatively painless. Just keep track of all your screws in different piles so you know what step they go in at. The roughest/scariest part is removing the keyboard. Mine was glued down VERY good and I almost broke it doing it.

thanks, the hard part for now is finding a reliable seller of the i7 sb cpu. maybe can salvage from an old broken laptop somewhere. looking forward to the increased speed.

what to do with the left over still good working i3 cpu? sell? build a mini hacktosh ?

Why don't you sell it? I did :)

yeah, how much did u get for it?

i'm seeing crazy prices quoted for core i7 sb mobile chips on amazon and ebay. someone is selling an E/S as oem too.

yeah, how much did u get for it?

i'm seeing crazy prices quoted for core i7 sb mobile chips on amazon and ebay. someone is selling an E/S as oem too.

Ive seen a few listings on amazon, i actually asked a seller (markveon) if his was a ES or EQ and he couldn't attest either way. He even offered me a price cut to 99$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back