Contribute
Register

Restart instead shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uups: I see that an edit of my first message didn't make it through. You are asking for the disable thunderbolt option. If that is possible to enable/disable on your board, and where to find that in your BIOS, I have no clue. It may even be that your board does not have thunderbolt at all. On my board it is in a section of the BIOS setup, where I can configure peripheral options like wether to have an active IGPU or not, or wether to have XCHI on USB port controller and such stuff.

But there are other options to try:

You can try the "FixShutdown" clover option. If you use Clover Configurator to setup your config.plist you will find that in the first section "Acpi" among "Fixes". Just check that, save your config.plist, and try it out.

There is also an old thread here:

which seems to have helped people a lot. The FixShutdown-Trick is mentioned there too.

However, if the problem is related to a sleep cycle only, whereas your hack does shutdown properly, then the problem may be related to not having configured CPU power management properly. I am not an expert on this, but I followed another thread here to fix that:

Last edited:
I already tried every thing no one of this solved my problem, before to update to catalina all was working perfectly , my cpu power management does not need any fix , is already supported

As I did not experience any change in shutdown/sleep behavior after upgrading to Catalina (other than the thunderbolt issue) I guess I am no help here then.

How can i see the crash report

When the system reboots after a crash, when you login, you see an alert box giving you the option to inspect and maybe send the crash report to apple. If that does not appear, your system did not crash.

No i do not received any of this message

Then your hack doesn't crash while going to sleep. Seems something is waking it up immediately again. Can you think of any peripherals that could cause this? LAN wakeup? WLAN wakeup? Bluetooth? USB? I noticed that my hack does not sleep at all as long as a Sony PS4 controller is connected by USB. Which was a new feature of Catalina as well, the controller did not bother prior macOS releases.

The one other thing I can think of is this: If your are like me you maybe played around with darkwake and power napping prior to the Catalina upgrade and found a setup that worked. Once I upgraded to Catalina before I realized that thunderbolt was the issue I played around trying to disable power napping (without success). Eventually, after identifying the thunderbolt issue, I ended up with a setup without any darkwake-boot flag for Clover (I started with darkwake=0, which should disable power-napping, but didn't) and standard energy settings in macOS. Power napping is working reliably since then. That is the final thing I can think of.

You cannot believe , but after those message i decide to remove darkwake , i tried in the past but never work but now is working perfectly , as well sleep , maybe same recent drive update that with this combination work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back