3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Fresh install of Mavericks 10.9.2 on GA-Z87N-WiFi with i5 4670K (16GB RAM, Samsung 840 EVO SSD), plus latest MultiBeast 6.2.1 (using the MB settings file posted at the beginning of this Golden Build topic thread). Everything working like a champ initially: analog audio via my Bose desktop speakers in my office. Then connected back into my home theater setup in the family room using the optical connect to my Sony A/V receiver. Audio over optical worked when I first booted up and changed from Internal speakers to Digital optical in the System Prefs > Audio.

Today... no audio via optical connection to my A/V receiver. I made sure that the sampling rate was set to 48k in Audio/Midi. I've re-run MB, repaired permissions, etc. I've double-checked connections on both ends of my optical cable, too.

I know there are boatloads of posts here about HDMI audio (either vial Intel 4600 or dedicated GPUs). But neither of these are my issue. When I take the HTPC out of my media center & back into my office & connect to my Bose computer speakers via green port (and set to "Internal speakers" in prefs), I have good audio. Again, it's the optical connection that is giving me problems.

Any thoughts on why I would suddenly NOT have audio via optical connect? (no system sounds, no iTunes)?

[SOLVED] Lost audio via optical connection

lampshade.jpg

OK - now I **really** feel stupid. Seems the root cause of my issue is that the brains of my Logitech Harmony 900 remote got scrambled and was somehow switching the audio input of my A/V receiver to a different input and away from the optical connection between my CustoMac and the receiver. Apologies for the fire drill!
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back