Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey everybody!

I tried different ways to get a full speed USB 3.0, without any success up to now.
The Bus is shown in the system profiler but that's all.
Has anyone a solution? What's the right way to fix this?

System is macOS 10.12.1. Everything else works perfect for me. Only the USB 3.0 does not work.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-07 um 16.45.00.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-07 um 16.45.00.png
    65 KB · Views: 436
Did you do the post-install stuff with Multibeast? Specifically using the "USB -> 7/8/9 Series USB Support" fix?
Did you also enable the "xHCI Handoff" option in your BIOS?
I use a Z97 Gaming 5 Mobo and it works fine for me.

Hi SeongGino,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that does not work for me.

I did both, I installed the MultiBeast stuff (see image) and switched the "xHCI Handoff" option in the BIOS to enabled.

Is it possible that there is an other kext in the extensions folder that overrides the "FakePCIID"?
Are there any other functions I have to enable in the "config.plist" of CLOVER?

Cheers

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-07 um 18.21.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-07 um 18.21.39.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 398
Seems mostly correct; albeit the additional "3rd Party USB" driver set is redundant since your motherboard's USB3 slots are all attached directly to the chipset, therefore covered by the "7/8/9 Series USB Support". 3rd Party USB is only necessary if the slots were attached to, say, another chipset on the motherboard; however, in your case (And by extension, mine), this isn't necessary.

Otherwise, possibly the defined Mac kext could be the issue; many say to use Mac Pro 5,1 as the identifier instead of the iMac definitions since it caused compatibility issues.
Everything else is fine, though; I'd try the two above fixes. So, use only 7/8/9 Series Support and define the system as Mac Pro 5,1.

*EDIT: I'd suggest looking into this page too, downloading the latest FakePCIID package (08/20), and installing the "FakePCIID.kext" and "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext" files into the relevant directory (Usually /Library/Extensions or /EFI/Clover/kexts[? Forgive me, I forgot the exact directory; basically where the kexts go in the EFI partition])

Last edited:
Hi SeongGino,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that does not work for me.

I did both, I installed the MultiBeast stuff (see image) and switched the "xHCI Handoff" option in the BIOS to enabled.

Is it possible that there is an other kext in the extensions folder that overrides the "FakePCIID"?
Are there any other functions I have to enable in the "config.plist" of CLOVER?

Cheers

Recommend change XHCI to enabled and personalise a SSDT-UIAC. The set up you have is only temporary.

Thank you very much for your solving approaches. It still does not work :thumbdown

Otherwise, possibly the defined Mac kext could be the issue; many say to use Mac Pro 5,1 as the identifier instead of the iMac definitions since it caused compatibility issues.
Using the Mac Pro 5,1 identifier causes a problem on restart. The iMac definition doesn't.

I also installed the newest files of "FakePCIID.kext" and "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext" as you suggested.

Recommend change XHCI to enabled and personalise a SSDT-UIAC. The set up you have is only temporary.
Thank you, too VoiletDragon.

"Recommend change XHCI to enabled" - that's what I have to do in the BIOS settings, right? If so, it's already done.

How do I personalise a "SSDT-UIAC"? Is it a file that ends with ".aml"? I have often read that but I don't know how to create such a files and where I have to save it.

Do you need another specific screenshot?

Thank you very much for your solving approaches. It still does not work :thumbdown

Using the Mac Pro 5,1 identifier causes a problem on restart. The iMac definition doesn't.

I also installed the newest files of "FakePCIID.kext" and "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext" as you suggested.

Thank you, too VoiletDragon.

"Recommend change XHCI to enabled" - that's what I have to do in the BIOS settings, right? If so, it's already done.

How do I personalise a "SSDT-UIAC"? Is it a file that ends with ".aml"? I have often read that but I don't know how to create such a files and where I have to save it.

Do you need another specific screenshot?

Use iMac 14.2 not Mac Pro 5,1. Mac Pro 5,1 isn't correct for your system. To create a SSDT you can use SSDT-UIAC as a template. You will need a USB 3 Hub as it's mounts as USB 2 also. You will need ioreg to determine which port is which I'd recommend setting XHCI to enabled and route USB 2 through XHCI. Use ioreg, io power and leaving ioreg open plug-in the USB 3 Hub in both USB 2 and 3 ports. You will notice that red is unplugged and green is plugged in.

Thanks for all your support.

I could fix the USB problem by using a DSDT patch I found in the forum.

For me it works perfectly now!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-10 um 15.07.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-10 um 15.07.51.png
    169 KB · Views: 824
Thanks for all your support.

I could fix the USB problem by using a DSDT patch I found in the forum.

For me it works perfectly now!

You have wrong setup. You don't need EH01, EH02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back