Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is there any way you'd recommend keeping the original Win7 partitions? I don't have any reinstall media for windows, and the Disk Utility refuses to resize things because things are setup as MBR. I ultimately plan on having triple boot, and not sure how what do to. I could throw in a linux Live CD and use gparted to resize things, but woudl that cause problems with booting? I am used to linux, so this is kinda new to me.

Can't keep the windows one. But you can make an install disc. There's a link in te first post of te install lion thread.

Can I use DD or something to copy the partitions I have, reformat the drive with GUID, install OSX, copy the windows partition back over?

Ok, I'm getting things ready to reinstall Windows. Downloaded ISO from MS, removed ei.cfg, put it on a USB drive. I've backed up my activation using Advanced Token Manager.

I cannot find the Microsoft sticker with the serial anywhere on the device. Every laptop I've ever had just had the sticker on the bottom, but this one doesn't. Even HP tech support said it should just be on the bottom. Did they not put one on it, or is it hidden elsewhere? If I restore my activation, will it be a problem, or will things be all hunky dory?

Hellmark said:
Ok, I'm getting things ready to reinstall Windows. Downloaded ISO from MS, removed ei.cfg, put it on a USB drive. I've backed up my activation using Advanced Token Manager.

I cannot find the Microsoft sticker with the serial anywhere on the device. Every laptop I've ever had just had the sticker on the bottom, but this one doesn't. Even HP tech support said it should just be on the bottom. Did they not put one on it, or is it hidden elsewhere? If I restore my activation, will it be a problem, or will things be all hunky dory?
Check for Windows 7 product-id under battery.

Personally, I would use ABR.

But it is under the battery as BigDonkey said.

I tried to get ABR, but the webpage for ABR seems to be messed up. Every link on it simply reloads the main page.

Danke Schoen.

I backed up the activation. Problem is, I can't get the installer to let me install windows. Win7 installer says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk." Also having issues with getting OSX to boot. "boot0: error"

Had to set the BIOS to allow for EFI. Windows installed. Next up to get a bootloader for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back