Contribute
Register

Resizing Mac partition, Extending Windows 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
i5
CPU
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

Not been on here for a while as my hackintosh has been working faultlessly :) Although I've now bumped into some trouble! I have MacOS and Windows 7 installed on the same Hard drive but I want to resize my MacOS parition and increase the Windows 7 side. I've had a search around online and found no obvious guide for this so was hoping for some help?

I've already reduced the MacOS side on Disk Utility but how to I add this to the Windows partition?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey all,

Not been on here for a while as my hackintosh has been working faultlessly :) Although I've now bumped into some trouble! I have MacOS and Windows 7 installed on the same Hard drive but I want to resize my MacOS parition and increase the Windows 7 side. I've had a search around online and found no obvious guide for this so was hoping for some help?

I've already reduced the MacOS side on Disk Utility but how to I add this to the Windows partition?

Thanks in advance :)

Win 7 includes a rudimentary disk manager that will allow you to shrink or extend the Win 7 partition. However, this only allows extending the partition if it's adjacent and to the right (in the graphic disk management display) of windows. If the unallocated space is anywhere else on the disk, you'll need a third party partition manager like the one from Paragon, Easeus, or MiniTool Partition Wizard (the latter is free for home use).

Win 7 includes a rudimentary disk manager that will allow you to shrink or extend the Win 7 partition. However, this only allows extending the partition if it's adjacent and to the right (in the graphic disk management display) of windows. If the unallocated space is anywhere else on the disk, you'll need a third party partition manager like the one from Paragon, Easeus, or MiniTool Partition Wizard (the latter is free for home use).

And whatever you do, make sure you use a program which is aware of hybrid MBR/GPT partition schemes. Because that's what you have... where you have two partition tables that must remain in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back