Motherboard
OSX 10.11.5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 x2
Mac
  1. iMac
I installed mavericks perfectly on my z87 OC Force board and haven't had a problem. The other day when I turned my computer on (just hit the power button) it turned off again. I turned it on again and it skipped the boot loader and loaded windows. I hit the reset button and hit F12 to select my boot drive as my SSD with the boot loader. I saw that I had two options.: my SSD was listed twice, once as UEFI and once as P2, my hard drive with windows installed is listed first as P1. There is no way to move the priority, the directions imply that the one you select is the default drive from then on. Bootloader loaded and I booted Mavericks normally thinking the issue was solved. Stated up my computer today and it tried to load windows again from the second hard drive.

It says on the overview page in the bios that the SSD is the first priority. On the boot drive menu (F12) it still has windows as P1, and my SSD as P2 and UEFI, my back up HDD is also listed as P3 and EUFI.

Anyone know how to reset the boot priority on this board?

Have you tried switching to classic mode to do it? In there, you can change the boot order more easily. That happened to me once. I just went to the class mode and disable everything (including the UEFI duplicates) except my Mac and Windows drives.

Also, I just asked a question about your EXC_BAD_ACCESS problem in an older thread. Could you tell me if you have fixed it? I am experiencing the same issue. We have very similar hardwares, too.

I was getting those errors because I just changed the speed of my ram on the summary page of my board. You have to go to another page and select profile one. I think it is on the performance tab. Just upping the frequency of your ram causes memory leaks or so my research lead me to believe. I am still getting the BAS_EXEC error and a KERNAL_PROTECTION_ERROR for Microsoft office and preview. I have no clue why. I can open the programs if I open them by clicking on a file. If you click on the application I still get the error.

Thanks. Same for me. It won't crash if I bypass the template page. I tried changing the ram setting - I have underclocked it even, but it still only works sometimes. It is such a strange problem. I am at my wit's end.

your fix for my boot loader worked. Note: if you disable a hard drive off the priority it won't show up on the boot loader. Scared the crap out of me when chameleon worked but the windows drive wasn't there.

I have no answer for the application crashes. If the program opens fine then crashes it is a ram speed issue. if it crashes when you launch I put that in the WTF column

Cool. Glad it worked. Yeah, I have officially given up. I know it's not a ram issue for me. I even switched ram and it is the same. The crazy thing is the computer works completely fine otherwise. The only two things (so far) that crash on start up is word and transmission. After I turned off the template gallery, word works perfectly even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back