GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

I recently finished my first build and after struggling a bit got it pretty "stable" (still having slight network issues:banghead:). I am planning on adding an addition SSD for Win7 and additional applications (possibly gaming since my Mac drive is strictly for music production). I am also planning on adding a graphics card but I am sort of hesitant to "jeopardize" my system's stability and having to find work around after all I went through to get it stable. Any suggestions for good performance cards that work OTB or with little tweaking?

System:

i7-3770k
GA z77x-UD5H
16g (2x8gb) Corsair Vengeance
SanDisk SSD
WD 1tb 7200 RPM
H100i Water cooling system
Basic optical drive

On another note: I am also curious if my 750w PSU will be able to handle the addition of a gfx card. I am going to calculate the total load later but I feel like I might be getting close to needing an upgrade

Hey all,

I recently finished my first build and after struggling a bit got it pretty "stable" (still having slight network issues:banghead:). I am planning on adding an addition SSD for Win7 and additional applications (possibly gaming since my Mac drive is strictly for music production). I am also planning on adding a graphics card but I am sort of hesitant to "jeopardize" my system's stability and having to find work around after all I went through to get it stable. Any suggestions for good performance cards that work OTB or with little tweaking?

System:

i7-3770k
GA z77x-UD5H
16g (2x8gb) Corsair Vengeance
SanDisk SSD
WD 1tb 7200 RPM
H100i Water cooling system
Basic optical drive

On another note: I am also curious if my 750w PSU will be able to handle the addition of a gfx card. I am going to calculate the total load later but I feel like I might be getting close to needing an upgrade

GTX660TI or GTX670 would do nicely for gaming - see the recommended gfc cards - http://www.tonymacx86.com/371-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-july-2013.html#gfx_cards
. For what you list in parts + a gfx card you would only need 550-600W, so your PSU has plenty to spare - no upgrade needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back