Contribute
Register

Requesting Detailed H67N-USB3/Lion/HD3000 Guide Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Graphics
640GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been getting unreliable results based on Tony's setup with this motherboard? I'm running off HD3000 (from 2600K) via the F7 bios and dsdt and I have also been testing Tony's custom HDMI dsdt for this setup. My system boot's, but experiences randam slow downs and sound has only worked briefly. I could go on describing all my little random issues, but I was hoping there was someone out there running an H67N-USB3 in Lion better than I, that could provide me with some multibeast tips or perhaps a more detailed guide than the other ones people have so kindly posted... thanks!!!???

Have you enabled Mac mini 5,1 system definition in MultiBeast?

Yes I did, and HDMI is working but no sound via HDMI or output jacks on motherboard. I've tried Tony's HDMI setup too with his pre-edited DSDT and AppleHDA files... sleep isn't working reliably either. Is there anything that should be install beyound a basic UserDSDT install via Multibeast 4.02 + sound/network, MacMini 5,1?

leftbrain said:
Yes I did, and HDMI is working but no sound via HDMI or output jacks on motherboard. I've tried Tony's HDMI setup too with his pre-edited DSDT and AppleHDA files... sleep isn't working reliably either. Is there anything that should be install beyound a basic UserDSDT install via Multibeast 4.02 + sound/network, MacMini 5,1?

You should always check system utilities when installing DSDT or after adding or manually removing kexts. Also you shouldn't be checking anything when it comes to audio in multibeast. You should use kext beast with AppleHDA.kext - v2.1.1 - with Realtek ALC 889 + HDMI patches instead

Afterwards:
Tonymac said:
Reboot system with the HDMI cable plugged at boot. Use the 2nd HDMI slot on the GA-H67N-USB3-B3

Thanks for your help, I do always run system utilities via multi-beast, I was just being brief. I've been building hacks for quite sometime now, and I am good with the basics, but I've been having way more problems than normal with this motherboard and HD3000. I will try the audio install via kext beast again as you suggested. I got so used to my P55M-ud2, H55N-usb3, P55M-ud4, H55-USB3 all being a walk in the park with snow leopard... guess I need to adjust to Sandybridge and Lion now;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back