i5 4690
Graphics
GT640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I just bought an ASUS N752V (version N752VX-GC299T), and I am unable to install Catalina via Clover r5122.

I just saw that a moderator (@Feartech ) have the same model but working with OpenCore, would it be possible for him to provide me with his OC folder (with modified SMBIOS values of course).

Thanks in advance,

D2rz

Hello all,

I just bought an ASUS N752V (version N752VX-GC299T), and I am unable to install Catalina via Clover r5122.

I just saw that a moderator (@Feartech ) have the same model but working with OpenCore, would it be possible for him to provide me with his OC folder (with modified SMBIOS values of course).

Thanks in advance,

D2rz
hiya!

nice machine you have there! :)

these are the files you need:

you may also need to flash your bios like I had to otherwise the machine will refuse to boot

Thank you very much for your help !!!

I'm going to watch it all right away.

Regarding the BIOS, is it the last official BIOS or a ModBIOS?

And concerning the WiFi / BT card, which model did you buy? (if you have a link ... ???)

Thanks again!!!

I downloaded your BIOS, but when I type the commands via the console (in administrator mode), I have an error message that tells me (quickly) that the files and commands used are not compatible with an OS in 64Bits (I am using Windows 10 pro x64).

I also did the test (without your BIOS) by creating (with your OC files) an OC installation key with Catalina 10.15.7 and when I try to boot on it, I just have the Apple logo (White apple on black background) and nothing happens.

I downloaded your BIOS, but when I type the commands via the console (in administrator mode), I have an error message that tells me (quickly) that the files and commands used are not compatible with an OS in 64Bits (I am using Windows 10 pro x64).

I also did the test (without your BIOS) by creating (with your OC files) an OC installation key with Catalina 10.15.7 and when I try to boot on it, I just have the Apple logo (White apple on black background) and nothing happens.
yes it is a modded bios and yes you need to install it

you will need to use rufus to create a msdos usb disk, then copy over the files

enable legacy in bios and boot from usb, enter in commands, reboot into bios, load setup defaults and then disable secure boot etc and you should be good to go

So, at first (@Feartech), thank you again!!!

I managed to flash the BIOS and boot to my installation key, I also managed to install Catalina and get to the latter's desktop.

So that I end up with a bootable Hackintosh but not fully "functional, operational and optimized".

Some concerns:
- My i7 6700HQ is seen as an i5 in "About this mac".

- My WiFi / BT does not work, normal it is an Intel 7265NGW card, do you have a model to suggest to me? Or if you have a way to make it work ...?

- I reinstalled my M.2 (with Windows 10) and I can no longer boot from OC (even if I go through the BIOS menu for selecting the drive by pressing "Escape" when starting the PC and selecting the UEFI entry corresponding to my SSD).

OpenCore greatly exceeds my meager skills in Hackintosh (already that I am struggling with Clover ...).

So, at first (@Feartech), thank you again!!!

I managed to flash the BIOS and boot to my installation key, I also managed to install Catalina and get to the latter's desktop.

So that I end up with a bootable Hackintosh but not fully "functional, operational and optimized".

Some concerns:
- My i7 6700HQ is seen as an i5 in "About this mac".

- My WiFi / BT does not work, normal it is an Intel 7265NGW card, do you have a model to suggest to me? Or if you have a way to make it work ...?

- I reinstalled my M.2 (with Windows 10) and I can no longer boot from OC (even if I go through the BIOS menu for selecting the drive by pressing "Escape" when starting the PC and selecting the UEFI entry corresponding to my SSD).

OpenCore greatly exceeds my meager skills in Hackintosh (already that I am struggling with Clover ...).
I use BCM4352 for wifi and bluetooth, the kexts installed will make those work

About My Mac shows i7 for me, you may need to setup serial numbers etc:

i use macOS on my m2 card, and use the other drive as a storage drive, i do not multi boot, only use macOS

and you are most welcome! :)

And I Forget, under Windows, my TrackPad / TouchPad doesn't work at all.

And I Forget, under Windows, my TrackPad / TouchPad doesn't work at all.
in windows, you will need to probably download the drivers

also attached is a zip to make your headphones work without the crackle noise, even after sleep

Attachments

• alcplugfix.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 64
So little point of the situation,

For Dual-Boot, via OpenCoreConfigurator I set "Selector attributes" to "1" and I check "Show Picker" in "Misc - Drivers" / "Boot".

Regarding the TrackPad, in fact, when I boot into Windows via "Esc" (BIOS menu) I have no problem, it works fine. But, if I boot Windows via the OC menu, once under Windows, the TrackPad doesn't work at all. I tried to remove the drivers, remove the device, reboot, reinstall the drivers but without success.

I have also installed your patch (alcplugfix) via the Terminal for audio but I haven't done the test yet to see if it works.

Regarding "About this Mac", indeed, I have managed new SMBIOS values for the Serial and it's OK, my CPU is seen as an i5.

It only remains for me to solve my TrackPad problem under Windows after a boot via the OC menu and find a WiFi / BT card. On the other hand concerning the latter, the NGFF models that I find are worth a "real fortune" (~ 80 €), so if I do not find a cheaper one I think of taking a WiFi USB key and a BT USB key ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back