Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Could anyone supply a DSDT for the above M/B?

The auto patcher has the AsRock p55 pro but not the p55 pro/usb3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

zorro07 said:
Hi,

Could anyone supply a DSDT for the above M/B?

The auto patcher has the AsRock p55 pro but not the p55 pro/usb3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

i want it too..

Anyone find this yet? I had mine up and running and then gaffed it, and I'm afraid I lost my previously functioning DSDT... :?

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone get this motherboard completely working? Mine has quite a few little problems that get on my nerves.. Like not being able to sleep.. lol

Hi,
I'm new to this great forum and saw this post on the ASRock P55 Pro/USB 3. I have the same mb and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on properly installing an OS on this particular mb...its my first attempt at this so still reading and learning. Is it best to install Snow Leopard then upgrade to Lion or can I purchase Lion and do a clean install? What sort of common problems have you guys experienced that I might be able to avoid? I would also like to be able to dual boot another OS like Windows 7 Pro 64 if possible from the same HDD. Appreciate any help.

BEATKUNEDO said:
Hi,
I'm new to this great forum and saw this post on the ASRock P55 Pro/USB 3. I have the same mb and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on properly installing an OS on this particular mb...its my first attempt at this so still reading and learning. Is it best to install Snow Leopard then upgrade to Lion or can I purchase Lion and do a clean install? What sort of common problems have you guys experienced that I might be able to avoid? I would also like to be able to dual boot another OS like Windows 7 Pro 64 if possible from the same HDD. Appreciate any help.

It's a little off topic but I wanna help you :) I'm gonna write up a little guide for you today.. I'll scrounge around for links and such. There arent too many people with this board so I wanna show what I've found.. Haha I'll be back in a bit.

Ozzzzysh said:
It's a little off topic but I wanna help you :) I'm gonna write up a little guide for you today.. I'll scrounge around for links and such. There arent too many people with this board so I wanna show what I've found.. Haha I'll be back in a bit.

Thanks for the help Ozzzzysh! Thats more than I expected, props man. Apologies also...I know I was off on the topic but I figured it didnt hurt to ask, I noticed not much is posted about this mb on the forum. Guess its time to upgrade soon. Gonna do some more reading on here, learn what I can, and start saving up for a new build in the near future. Anyway, gotta use what I have now so whatever info you can pass on will be great. Thanks again!

Ozzzzysh said:
Okay I'm not quite positive where to post this but I'll just do it here for now. :)

And can you please put up some info about your computer?

Wow! Gratitude Ozzzzysh!! Once I have a Snow Leopard retail disc I'll attempt the install method you describe. As for my computer specs, they are located in the signature area at the bottom of my posts. Asrock P55 Pro USB3 OS X Lion 10.7.4 Install method

Please read the guide before attempting. Ask any questions before hand and we might avoid some problems.. haha

Will do

I just wanna pause here for a second and say, I wrote this entire guide in a couple hours using info I know about OS X and our motherboard off the top of my head. There's bound to be issues and I apologize if you run into snags. But really, thats what this whole community is about. Trial and error. But it pays off if you can get a working product and I really hope I can help.. haha If you have any problems at all message me or whatever. And I'll tweak the guide.

Impressive...very grateful for the time you put into this my friend, you've been a big help, I have no words. No apologies necessary, I am anticipating snags and know there will be some trial and error involved but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I really hope I can help you out here haha. And when/if you get another motherboard maybe you could flesh it out and I could buy it and you help me. :) I'm sorry for how disorganized this is at the moment. Work in progress.

Youve been a great help to me, at least I have a starting point which is what I needed. And no doubt, we'll talk about the mb when I upgrade, one hand washes the other my brother. Thanks again Ozzzzysh and please keep me posted on anything else you feel may help me with the install.

Peace out!

No problem :) This is the stuff I love to do. It took me months to get OS X working for the first time because no one could help me, so I'm trying to make sure I can help people over that hump I got stuck in. lol

And this thread is about finding a DSDT for this motherboard and my method doesn't require one.. lol

Edit: I moved the guide to here because this thread is dead and it seemed misplaced.. haha

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=66931

Ozzzzysh said:
No problem :) This is the stuff I love to do. It took me months to get OS X working for the first time because no one could help me, so I'm trying to make sure I can help people over that hump I got stuck in. lol

Awesome guide Ozzzzysh! Man, again I really appreciate you taking the time to put this together. You just saved me many hours of stress. Its definitely going to help me out alot. Much respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back