Contribute
Register

[REQ] Nvidia GT 650M 2GB & Intel HD 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

plz - does anybody know, how Optimus working with HDMI?

I have ASUS n56vz (nVidia 650M + Intel HD4000), internal display is working, but during 4 weeks i have not managed to work the HDMI (to external monitor).

It is possible at all to have working HDMI via IntelHD? I dont need especially nVidia, but I need HDMI from IntelHD OR nVidia.

Thank you very much! Kamil from Slovakia.

It is not optimus related, at least I don't think... What ig-platform-id are you using for HD4000?

hi,
thank you for your reply,

only ig-platform-id == 4 is working for my n56vz.. that means internal display only.
I tried all other, no success - HDMI does not work for any of them.
Especially for ig-platform-id == 3 I edited capriFB kext (according to instructions at many other pages), but internal display "shines only on black" (hope you understand) :)

Now I dont know, if:
1) HDMI is working only for (via) nVidia and I will have to somehow get nVidia working,
OR
2) HDMI could be working via IntelHD, but I will have to do ... (what) ???

thanx

hi,
thank you for your reply,

only ig-platform-id == 4 is working for my n56vz.. that means internal display only.
I tried all other, no success - HDMI does not work for any of them.
Especially for ig-platform-id == 3 I edited capriFB kext (according to instructions at many other pages), but internal display "shines only on black" (hope you understand) :)

Now I dont know, if:
1) HDMI is working only for (via) nVidia and I will have to somehow get nVidia working,
OR
2) HDMI could be working via IntelHD, but I will have to do ... (what) ???

thanx

Switched nvidia systems do not work. Your HDMI issue has nothing to do with nvidia anyway.

You need to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri, such that ig-platform-id=4 has more ports.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/96186-unified-appleintelframebuffercapri-ivy-probooks.html

and here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/99533-testers-ivy-probooks-needed.html#post606453

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back