Graphics
Gigabyte nVidia GTX560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I thought I had cloned my Hackintosh Boot drive (OSX Lion) but apparently I did not. I installed a kext from a newer version of MultiBeast to what I used originally (thinking I had it backed up if it all went horribly wrong) and things went horribly wrong.

Now I get a kernel panic when trying to load OSX. What I'm trying to do is log into Windows 7 (dual boot) and replace the new kexts with the original ones manually from Multibeast 4.5.1. I bought MacDrive for Windows so I can access my Mac drives. I just need to edit or replace the new kexts I installed.

The kexts I installed were the "10.7.5 >2GB OpenCL Patch" and "64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No". I have accessed "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and changed GraphicsEnabler to 'Yes' and still get the KP.

My video card has LESS than 2GB so I'm pretty sure I need to delete the "10.7.5 >2GB OpenCL Patch" and replace it with "10.7.2+ Combo OpenCL Enabler", which is what I had originally.

Is there a way to get the individual kexts and replace the ones on my Mac drive while I am using Windows 7?

Is there a way to get the individual kexts and replace the ones on my Mac drive while I am using Windows 7?
Have you tried booting with

-v -f -x

-v = verbose
-f = ignore caches and load from scratch
-x = safe mode

if that doesn't work, try booting with -s for single user mode and use the command line to delete the GeForceGLDriver.bundle from S/L/E

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/*your drive name here*/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle

Have you tried booting with

-v -f -x

-v = verbose
-f = ignore caches and load from scratch
-x = safe mode

if that doesn't work, try booting with -s for single user mode and use the command line to delete the GeForceGLDriver.bundle from S/L/E

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/*your drive name here*/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle

Thanks for the reply. I can't boot in any mode so I went into Windows and deleted the GeForceGLDriver.bundle manually from my system drive. I still get the KP.

Thanks for the reply. I can't boot in any mode so I went into Windows and deleted the GeForceGLDriver.bundle manually from my system drive. I still get the KP.

post pic of KP screen

Here are a couple of photos of the verbose screen. I had to delete the digidal.kext to get Pro Tools to work when I first installed. I tried removing the iLok key when I boot but that didn't work.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/crippled_minister/Verbose_mode_zpse3cb2a70.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/crippled_minister/Verbose_mode_2_zps407e81b8.jpg

Protools is causing your KP. there is a plug-in in IOPCIFamily that also needs to be removed.

Protools is causing your KP. there is a plug-in in IOPCIFamily that also needs to be removed.

How do I know which plug-in to remove?

Thanks again.

How do I know which plug-in to remove?

Thanks again.

Fixed it! Somehow the digidal.kext reinstalled itself. All I did was remove that and left the IOCPFamily as normal.

Back up and running. I'll spend the next couple of days testing to see if it's back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

Fixed it! Somehow the digidal.kext reinstalled itself. All I did was remove that and left the IOCPFamily as normal.

Back up and running. I'll spend the next couple of days testing to see if it's back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

So it's not completely fixed! No videos are showing (just a black screen with sound) and there's no dual monitor output. VLC suggested it was a Quartz Acceleration issue or OpenGL. I tried to rollback to the GeForceGLDriver.bundle from MultiBeast 4.5.1 (The OpenGL kext that I originally used) and now I'm back to KP-ing.

Can someone help me fix the Open GL issue?

Cheers.

Installed the Fermi drivers for the GTX560?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back