Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay, so, I can't deal with not being able to sync my iPhone or play The Sims 3, so I'm wanting to go back to XP. Sad, I know. But it's not working and no one can help me. Not even google.

I tried installing XP on my FAT32 partition, but whenever it tries to boot, it says disk read error. I assume because of Chameleon or something.

So anyways, I'm done trying. Especially having my iPhone go into a restore mode loop and not being able to rescue it. So I lost everything.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Well, sad to hear that u leaving the world of Hackintosh.. Guess its not for everyone.. I too am having a lot of issues but I have the patience to work it out..

Are you trying to install Windows to a separate partition or is it the whole drive?

I would load the default BIOS settings and save, format the drive with the Windows disc and format o NTFS and install Windows as normal.. Should work fine..

If you wanna get XP on a separate partition, I would look for a dual booting drive and follow that..

Good luck!

That's what I did; loaded the defaults and installed over OS X.

I have used OS X since I was 8 (I'm 22 now). But, unfortunately, it just isn't as seamless and idiot-proof on my hardware. Even though countless others have run it perfectly. *shrug*

I'll just get a Mac next year.

Chances are you are having a left over bootloader as you expect. Pop in your XP cd, instead of installing select repair. When you reach the command line type "fdisk mbr". Try booting at that point. If not, a re-install should do it. If even that doesn't work, use your apple disc to zero the drive, then fix the mbr, then install.

Burninator said:
uRabbit said:
I have used OS X since I was 8 (I'm 22 now).

That's a pretty good trick since OS X has only been out for 9 years. :lol:

Meant Macintosh. :shh:

Haha. I started out on an LCII. I think it was running OS 8? Then we got the first iMac SE (Graphite). So maybe before I was 8? *shrug*

uRabbit ... you can quit, but just as I am, you can't help to be drawn back into it. I started my built back in April. I tried everything that tonymacx86 site has and Insanelymac has to offer. Nothing could get me past kernel panic. I even thought about changing out my GT240 card. I blamed it on my mobo Asus P7P55M. Nothing worked. I left it alone (running Win 7) until 2 weeks ago. I came back and tried tonymacNVDIA2xxx.iso and it got me through. Nothing special, but I could not get PS2 keyboard to work. So it couldn't get me past final installation. I thought that I would get an old Mac mouse and kb and that worked! Now I have everything fully functional with dual boot to Win 7. Persistent is the key. Perhaps, walking away to clear your head may help!

Good luck!

ps: perhaps, being 45+ helps with being patience! ;)

Ya I'm not too patient right now, because I ship out to BCT in less than five weeks. And I'll just run a Mac and a PC separate when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back