Contribute
Register

Replace motherboard for Thunderbolt compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is what you are looking for
should really be in the 15 port limit...

Ok I will do that. Which issue will this fix? As I have several :)

Hi again.
I used EFI mount to mount the EFI. I assume that was ok rather than terminal as per the guide.
The usbinject all kext was already there but I replaced it. It was also enabled in. Plist. I did tick the xhci port limit though.
I opened Hackintool and proceeded as per the guide. I am a little confused. I inserted each stick in each slot on back and front. I attached my diagram. The last 4 slots on back didn't show anything in hackintool although the drives were still mounting.
Cal you tell me if I am doing this correctly. I don't think I have 15 as of now. Maybe I am wrong. Also I attached a photo of hackintool with no USBs inserted. Just mouse etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 27
How do you test the USB ports on your mobo?

How do you test the USB ports on your mobo?
The USB ports are already set up, but you're using the unlimited USB port SSDT without enabling the XhciPortLimit checkbox.

Nevertheless, please try the attached EFI folder that has been updated to OpenCore 0.8.7 and includes USB map set correctly.

This version is compatible with OpenCore Configurator 2.65.0.0, but it should be set to 0.8.7 Release Configuration:
Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 11.17.56 AM.png

Also note that USB Bluetooth dongles may not provide the best experience. We recommend Fenvi FV-T919 or similar PCIe card.

Attachments

• deckyruby.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 20
Thanks for that. So to clarify. Will I just replace my EFI with this one? And if I need to configure it , use version oc config version 2.65?
So I don't need to continue with USB port configuration?
Many Thanks as always..
Will

Thanks for that. So to clarify. Will I just replace my EFI with this one? And if I need to configure it , use version oc config version 2.65?
So I don't need to continue with USB port configuration?
Many Thanks as always..
Will
Correct. This is plug and play. No changes needed. USB should also work. As should sleep, but USB Bluetooth dongles can be an issue…

Thanks for that. It worked a charm. The system is working fairly smoothly now. Both UAD and Apogee pci cards are working, Ethernet is working. I haven't been able to test the thunderbolt yet as I am waiting on a thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter.
I had 2 questions.
1.In relation to the wifi card. I will pick up the Fenvi but in the meantime is there a way to get the Tp link wdn4800 working? It worked perfectly on High Sierra and I notice that it is still in the list of recommended hackintosh wifi cards?
2. The initial boot is not particularly fast. Probably around 20 seconds to get to Gigabyte splash screen and another 15-20 to boot Catalina. Is this normal times?

Once again Many many thanks for all the amazing help.
Will

The TP-Link may still work. Is it still installed? If not, let’s try it again.

Warning:

Whenever we install or remove anything from the motherboard (other than a USB device) we must shutdown the system AND flip power switch on PSU to OFF. This will force BIOS to scan for hardware changes on next boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back