Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z590-I
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Hello people,

I want to replace my motherboard but need an advice.
The purpose of replacing my board is loose connection on SATA-port.

I also need to buy new DDR4 modules because my actual motherboard is supporting only DDR3.

My wish would be a motherboard with Thunderbolt 3 connection (I'm not sure if there is a motherboard with TB3 or its just in Apple hardware) to use this port with fully 40Gbits (I know, it will has some problems due to hackintosh).

Do you have recommendation for motherboard (itx) and RAM modules?
How would be the change from H170 to Z270 related to installation?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello people,

I want to replace my motherboard but need an advice.
The purpose of replacing my board is loose connection on SATA-port.

I also need to buy new DDR4 modules because my actual motherboard is supporting only DDR3.

My wish would be a motherboard with Thunderbolt 3 connection (I'm not sure if there is a motherboard with TB3 or its just in Apple hardware) to use this port with fully 40Gbits (I know, it will has some problems due to hackintosh).

Do you have recommendation for motherboard (itx) and RAM modules?
How would be the change from H170 to Z270 related to installation?

Many thanks in advance!

I know of only one ITX Z270 motherboard that has Thunderbolt 3, the ASRock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac.

I have done several motherboard replacements in the past (Sandy Bridge) and each time the OS (Mountain Lion to El Capitan) on the hard drive booted up directly with no apparent issues, apart from perhaps audio. I can't be sure in your case but I believe that replacing a H170 with a Z270 the OS should still boot. (You did not say which OS you are using. High Sierra / Sierra / El Capitan?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back