i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I moved HDD with LION to another machine, but I cannot boot from it.
I am able to boot into this working LION installation with UniBeast created USB stick (audio, networking, video, everything works OK).

I tried running MultiBeast's EasyBeast Install but it fails (error at the end of process).

Question: How can I repair/create boot on this LION disk (place chimera there) so that it is bootable directly from BIOS without external USB drive?

Thanks!

Anyone please?
How to reinstall chimera/chameleon on a existing LION disk?

I can boot off a USB but not from HDD.

Thanks!

boot with usb and get to desktop. Delete /extra folder completely. run MultiBeast to install files needed for main board in box you moved it to.

Thanks for the reply,
I have removed /Extra completely, but running MultiBeast (EasyBeast option) fails.

Where can I find more info on why it failed?
Is there something I can do about this?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-07 at 4.58.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-01-07 at 4.58.49 PM.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 122
Run it again, but do not check system utilities.

Edit: Other thought, did you install networking and audio kexts when it was in the first box? If you did, you also need to delete them from S/L/E unless they are the same ones you need for the new box.

Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild caches.

I have tried all of the above but with no success.
Now I have partitioned this disk as per Unibeast instructions (GUID, Jounaled), re-installed Lion and run MultiBeast (EasyBeast) but still no luck on booting from that drive.

Booting Installer or installed Lion OS from USB still works ok but it seems that I just can't get Chimera/Chameleon bootloader on this SSD HDD (80GB).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back