2,7 GHz intel Core i7 920
Graphics
nVidia GeGorce 9800 GTK+ 512 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

i've had my setup running smoothly for some years now, with several upgrades, currently i'm still on 10.11.5, and recently without any update or change, some things started to go not-so-smooth, particularly 3:

- Rendering issues with chrome
- Spotify app not rendering at all
- not being able to record screen with quicktime, system became irresponsive.

I thought it could be something related to graphics, so I installed the latest nvidia drivers for my 9800 GTX, (Nvidia web driver 346.03.10f02) Never had to install any driver to make anything work, so I suppose until now i was on the native drivers. After that it seems that spotify and screen recording works again, but not Chrome. I've detected that the last version of chrome that works is 54-0-2840-71, all other releases, fail with the same kind of patterns:

- Slowliness on some webs
- Some web apps not rendering at all like Google Meet
- Rendering artifacts on lots of webs, attached are screnshots were you can see blurry fonts and chrome developer tools completely messed up.

If someone is cabable of seeing some explanation of this behaviour and a possible solution, i'll be greatfull. I don't have this problems with my macbookpro, with same osx version, so that's why i think it could be hackintosh-related...

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 21.56.41.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 21.56.41.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 857
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 21.56.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 21.56.11.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 827
@carlesba, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Just updated to 10.11.6, with latest nvidia drivers, and tried the new chrome 60 release, still the same problems. Someone have any idea what i could look into?

Thank you very much

Did you ever fix this man? I'm having the same issue.

Hello,

i've had my setup running smoothly for some years now, with several upgrades, currently i'm still on 10.11.5, and recently without any update or change, some things started to go not-so-smooth, particularly 3:

- Rendering issues with chrome
- Spotify app not rendering at all
- not being able to record screen with quicktime, system became irresponsive.

I thought it could be something related to graphics, so I installed the latest nvidia drivers for my 9800 GTX, (Nvidia web driver 346.03.10f02) Never had to install any driver to make anything work, so I suppose until now i was on the native drivers. After that it seems that spotify and screen recording works again, but not Chrome. I've detected that the last version of chrome that works is 54-0-2840-71, all other releases, fail with the same kind of patterns:

- Slowliness on some webs
- Some web apps not rendering at all like Google Meet
- Rendering artifacts on lots of webs, attached are screnshots were you can see blurry fonts and chrome developer tools completely messed up.

If someone is cabable of seeing some explanation of this behaviour and a possible solution, i'll be greatfull. I don't have this problems with my macbookpro, with same osx version, so that's why i think it could be hackintosh-related...

Thank you!

Finally found it.

Just open chrome, go to settings > Advanced > system > Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available. Restart chrome. enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back