Contribute
Register

Renderfarm with GA-H61N-USB3 i7-2600k 16GB - success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Compressor has good render farm management. I guess I'm going to build this. Can you provide any more details to help me? Like how you mounted the MBs to the draw bottoms, and anything else?

VideoCruncher said:
Can you provide any more details to help me? Like how you mounted the MBs to the draw bottoms, and anything else?

Not too much to say here because it rather explains itself. I first took the measurement and distance from the MB screwholes and marked the drillholes on the bottom of the drawer. Can't give any measurements or crew sizes because of international differences. But I took screws that are long enough to provide some space between the board and the drawer. Also some additional screwnuts serve as a spacer between the two.
I would suggest to take a ride to your closest home depot and see which screws suit your needs. Shouldn't be too hard.

Form follows function. Beautiful.
The GA-H61N-USB3 was listed as an alternate to the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 which newegg no longer carries. I was wary of taking the plunge but thanks to you, I'm ready to get my feet wet now.

losthorizonmba said:
Form follows function. Beautiful.
The GA-H61N-USB3 was listed as an alternate to the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 which newegg no longer carries. I was wary of taking the plunge but thanks to you, I'm ready to get my feet wet now.

Thanks ;) Yeah, I was pondering a long time about which board to choose but in the end it was pretty clear, since shotcuts had to be made anyway due to the limited space. Have fun.

Hi,
WRT "For the other machines I switched for an 2600k, which as well is not working under 10.6.8 (we are currently running on) but it's said that it's working with 10.7.2 (we are going to update soon). But right now I have a black screen after the 10.6.8 update with the 2600 (before the update it's working great) and a grey screen with the 2600k."
Have you got the video back up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back