Nvidia 8600GT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

Do you guys think a professional electronics shop would tackle removing the above mentioned ports from a motherboard safely? How much do you guys think is a fair charging price for such a thing?

I successfully removed the ports myself from an old dead motherboard without breaking anything on the board. Can't say the same about the ports, though. I'm sure I can tackle doing it on the real motherboard, but I sure am paranoid about it.

I hate to ask why, but I'll go ahead...
Why why why oh why?
When you can just disable these things in the BIOS.

As for going rate, figure a couple of hours x their hourly rate.... typical $75/hr.

Why seams like a popular question when I ask my question around. :crazy:

So I finally got my G5 case. :D I am trying to take an alternative route other than the usual cutting up the rear of the case. Rough measuring seems good, but I won't really know until I get in some of the extra hardware I'm expecting.

The parallel and serial ports are useless, I haven't used them in 10+ years, and they are talking space in an area where I need my plan to come together.

How OLD is your motherboard. I looked at the back of my mobo and I don't even have a single LPT or serial port.

LOL the motherboard is brand new, but its only a socket 775. It's the budget Hackintosh I built with mostly spare parts. It's only a dual core 2.4 with 8GB of ram, but its perfect for all I do. At least this board can take a Quad if I ever decide to upgrade.

I was looking at a socket 2011 and did notice they are finally going away with serials and parallels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back