Motherboard
MSI GS60 2PL
CPU
i5-4200H
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an MSI laptop that currently has Windows 10. When I try to run the Clover USB I'm getting a message "searching for media...no media present". Would it be easier just to remove Windows 10 completely from the laptop and then install Mojave using Clover? If so, is there a guide on how to completely erase Windows 10 from my SSD? I tried using diskpart, but it said that it's not allowed on disk containing current boot

I have an MSI laptop that currently has Windows 10. When I try to run the Clover USB I'm getting a message "searching for media...no media present". Would it be easier just to remove Windows 10 completely from the laptop and then install Mojave using Clover? If so, is there a guide on how to completely erase Windows 10 from my SSD? I tried using diskpart, but it said that it's not allowed on disk containing current boot
normally you would boot with the installer and the erase the drive in disk utility

Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you can't boot enough to get to Disk Utility, you can either boot through a Windows USB stick, and delete the partitions (without proceeding with installation of Windows), or I used a 3rd party Windows software (AOMEI Partition Assistant, free) to shrink the Windows partition and make a separate partition as exFAT, and then Erase it again in Disk Utility as MacOS Extended (Journaled).

Your problem though sounds like you can't boot from the USB stick. If you made it correctly (Rehabman's laptop guide for a bootable USB is better), then check again in BIOS to ensure the Boot Priority is your thumb drive.

use the config.plist from the laptop guide untouched
One from that masterlist? There's a bunch in there. Is there a way to figure out the exact one to use or is it just trial and error?

One from that masterlist? There's a bunch in there. Is there a way to figure out the exact one to use or is it just trial and error?
depends on if your laptop has intel graphics as well?

your hardware profile should mention this

look in windows, device manager to see what intel graphics you have (if any) as you may have intel graphics 4600 (going by your processor type in hardware profile)

depends on if your laptop has intel graphics as well?

your hardware profile should mention this

look in windows, device manager to see what intel graphics you have (if any) as you may have intel graphics 4600 (going by your processor type in hardware profile)
Yep it's 4600

then your hardware profile should mention this along with your screen resolution

like mine does

<-------
Updated that information. After updating config this is what I get now

Attachments

• 1B0F79F7-5D01-4B1C-9E93-E4D944D5ACD9.jpeg
    1B0F79F7-5D01-4B1C-9E93-E4D944D5ACD9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back