ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,
I want to know how I can make functional media keys. On Windows they are mapped with Fn+Arrows so it's the best for me.
@RehabMan I installed the debug version but didn't find anything in the log. I want to find the scanTo values for media control.

And 2 more questions:
1. Should I add my custom codes there? (Marked with an arrow on the picture)
2. I saw that I can make the not useful applications key work as Fn key on macOS. The setting is circled in the screenshot. just change it to true?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 17.53.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 17.53.48.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 352
Hey,
I want to know how I can make functional media keys. On Windows they are mapped with Fn+Arrows so it's the best for me.
@RehabMan I installed the debug version but didn't find anything in the log. I want to find the scanTo values for media control.

Keep in mind new log mechanisms in Sierra (/var/log/system.log is no more). Read Apple documentation.

And 2 more questions:
1. Should I add my custom codes there? (Marked with an arrow on the picture)
2. I saw that I can make the not useful applications key work as Fn key on macOS. The setting is circled in the screenshot. just change it to true?

You can customize any Info.plist setting via ACPI. See *.dsl in the github project for examples.

Keep in mind new log mechanisms in Sierra (/var/log/system.log is no more). Read Apple documentation.

You can customize any Info.plist setting via ACPI. See *.dsl in the github project for examples.
I found where the logs go.
But didn't understand how I can get the scanTo values I need.

I found where the logs go.
But didn't understand how I can get the scanTo values I need.

I don't know what you mean by "scanTo". The kext already has support for PS2->ADB mapping for these standard media keys.

The mapping is displayed in the debug output.

I don't know what you mean by "scanTo". The kext already has support for PS2->ADB mapping for these standard media keys.

The mapping is displayed in the debug output.
Is it possible to show scanned keys even if they doesn't have assigned key?
For example, if my space bar doesn't do anything now (only example), can I still find it's scanCode inside the log when I press it?

Is it possible to show scanned keys even if they doesn't have assigned key?

All keys that generate a scan code will be shown in the log for the debug kext.

For example, if my space bar doesn't do anything now (only example), can I still find it's scanCode inside the log when I press it?

Not sure what you man by "space bar doesn't do anything now"... If it doesn't generate the ADB code for space (0x31), then you're really managed to mess up your configuration.

All keys that generate a scan code will be shown in the log for the debug kext.

Not sure what you man by "space bar doesn't do anything now"... If it doesn't generate the ADB code for space (0x31), then you're really managed to mess up your configuration.
My space bar works, it was only example :)

I press Fn+Down Arrow, and don't get a scan code in the console.

Additionally, I tested the Alt+ADB thing:
The ADB code for Launchpad is 83. And the scan code for the 'World' button is e032. In the debug version of the keyboard driver only, you can generate any ADB code you want. To do so, hold down Alt, then type the ADB code with the numpad number keys (0-9). The resulting code is sent after you release the Alt key. This was how I discovered the ADB code for the Launchpad is 0x83 (Alt-down, 1, 3, 1, Alt-up).
Tried Alt+131 and nothing happened.

I press Fn+Down Arrow, and don't get a scan code in the console.

If that is your brightness down key, it is likely handled via ACPI, not PS2.

Tried Alt+131 and nothing happened.

It only works in the debug version. It will generate ADB code 0x83 (which happens to be Launchpad). Note that 0x83 is an NX key and most NX keys are broken in one way or another in Sierra.

If you want working NX keys, use 10.11.

If that is your brightness down key, it is likely handled via ACPI, not PS2.

It only works in the debug version. It will generate ADB code 0x83 (which happens to be Launchpad). Note that 0x83 is an NX key and most NX keys are broken in one way or another in Sierra.

If you want working NX keys, use 10.11.
The NX Keys thing was just for try. Do you know what are the Play/Pause+Next+Previous ADB Codes?

These are my media control keys.

Should I attach my DSDT (or SSDT's too)?

The NX Keys thing was just for try. Do you know what are the Play/Pause+Next+Previous ADB Codes?

Those keys are NX keys... from VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp:
Code:
        NX_KEYTYPE_PLAY,        0x34,
        NX_KEYTYPE_NEXT,        0x42,       // if this event repeated, act as NX_KEYTYPE_FAST
        NX_KEYTYPE_PREVIOUS,    0x4d,        // if this event repeated, act as NX_KEYTYPE_REWIND

Should I attach my DSDT (or SSDT's too)?

It is work you need to do, not me. You can find out how to capture ACPI events in the brightness guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back