Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Thanks.

OK, so since mine (asus prime z370-a and z390-a) both use XHCI then I shouldn't need to rename it, right?.

I'm using USBinjectAll.kext from the current version of multibeast (11.0.1) I guess that's OK?
Yes and Yes! USBInjectAll was last updated in November 2018.

I frequently read that usbportlimit patches should only be used transiently but not for long term.
Why?
Is it because they are vulnerable to macOS updates ? Thus the need to find new patches for each new version of macOS?
Is it because tj^hey are causing any instability / bug / issue?

Tx
-a-

I frequently read that usbportlimit patches should only be used transiently but not for long term.
Why?
Is it because they are vulnerable to macOS updates ? Thus the need to find new patches for each new version of macOS?
Is it because tj^hey are causing any instability / bug / issue?

Tx
-a-
can cause issues with your hack in the long run

"In fact, the port limit patch is known to cause problems (it causes access outside a fixed array bounds). (...) Also, for each update, a new port limit patch may need to be created (as I write this, no working patch exists for 10.14.1, for example)."

I don't know what that means or what the consequences would be...

Other question. Would a custom SSDT allow to have more than 15 USB ports per controller?
I currently use the port injector codeless kext (hackintool) method, but I still cannot have more than 15 ports per controller apparently.

Best,
-a-

"In fact, the port limit patch is known to cause problems (it causes access outside a fixed array bounds). (...) Also, for each update, a new port limit patch may need to be created (as I write this, no working patch exists for 10.14.1, for example)."

I don't know what that means or what the consequences would be...

Other question. Would a custom SSDT allow to have more than 15 USB ports per controller?
I currently use the port injector codeless kext (hackintool) method, but I still cannot have more than 15 ports per controller apparently.

Best,
-a-
no, you can't go over the 15port limit, hence the reason to create a ssdt or kext to make sure you are under the limit

no, you can't go over the 15port limit, hence the reason to create a ssdt or kext to make sure you are under the limit
Apparently this is not doable on my z390-a rig which has 11 physical USB ports and 19 logical (virtual?) USB ports...
So I guess I'm forced to give up on some of the ports, right?

Apparently this is not doable on my z390-a rig which has 11 physical USB ports and 19 logical (virtual?) USB ports...
So I guess I'm forced to give up on some of the ports, right?
yes, you have to decide which ones you don't want to use

Back