CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K skylake
Graphics
NVIDIA GeFore GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently installed macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on my WD M.2 SSD but I'm seeing dismal IO performance. This the the drive config

1605645409020.png

But the performance is extremely bad

1605645447289.png

BTW, I had this running before with same OS and hardware but I didn't notice any performance problem. What could be wrong?

I recently installed macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on my WD M.2 SSD but I'm seeing dismal IO performance. This the the drive config

But the performance is extremely bad

View attachment 496737

BTW, I had this running before with same OS and hardware but I didn't notice any performance problem. What could be wrong?
Either the drive is failing or it's not properly inserted into the M.2 socket on the board.

Either the drive is failing or it's not properly inserted into the M.2 socket on the board.
I didn’t change any hardware except reinstall Catalina. I can try reseating the drive and see what happens. I’ll also try booting Linux to test with different OS.

I didn’t change any hardware except reinstall Catalina. I can try reseating the drive and see what happens.
Unplug the power cord and discharge all electricity from the board by holding in the power button first.

Turns out my drive is somewhat defective. I replaced it with another one and now getting around 2000 MB/s for reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back