Graphics
GeForce GT 610
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed mavericks and it worked fine but then I used multibeast and it won't boot (unless using -x). I think I installed a bad kext and I don't know which one it is. I haven't actually done anything yet so how can I completely reinstall?

I installed mavericks and it worked fine but then I used multibeast and it won't boot (unless using -x). I think I installed a bad kext and I don't know which one it is. I haven't actually done anything yet so how can I completely reinstall?
It's possible to recover your current installation so heres the how to boot with -v only and where it hangs take a quality screen shot and post it here for further assistance.

But if you really want to reinstall just start from scratch and boot with the USB installer reformat the drive and install.

It's possible to recover your current installation so heres the how to boot with -v only and where it hangs take a quality screen shot and post it here for further assistance.

But if you really want to reinstall just start from scratch and boot with the USB installer reformat the drive and install.

Thanks. I'm still not exactly clear on post installation. Do I have to have a DSDT or do I have to use DSDT=no at first and I'm not sure exactly what kexts I need to install with MultiBeast.

My system:

Intel DH61HO

Core i3 3220

GeForce GT 610

Thanks. I'm still not exactly clear on post installation. Do I have to have a DSDT or do I have to use DSDT=no at first and I'm not sure exactly what kexts I need to install with MultiBeast.

My system:

Intel DH61HO

Core i3 3220

GeForce GT 610
You don't need a DSDT it just makes it easier to fix everything
if it were me I'd start by installing fakesmc and chimera worry about all the rest once you have it booting from hdd use an app called dpcimanager manger to find out what kexts are needed to get everything working once booting normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back