Contribute
Register

Reinstall Mac OS on existing multiboot setup (Windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 4570 3,2GHz LGA1150
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti - MSI Gaming 6G
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Folks,

I have been flawlessly running a dual boot setup for a couple of years now (Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite - Unibeast/Multibeast/Chimera) and Windows 10 (UEFI*) on separate hard drives, as proposed in this thread.

Now, since I'm a Derp, I bricked my Yosemite OS and will need to reinstall it from scratch (probably Sierra GM at this point...).

Since my Windows drive is fine and worked well in multiboot, is there something I need to consider when reinstalling Mac OS? Will the dual boot work again without having to reinstall Windows as well? Any recommendations? Thanks a lot in advance!!

*Edit: Windows 10 LEGACY mode, not UEFI.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I have been flawlessly running a dual boot setup for a couple of years now (Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite - Unibeast/Multibeast/Chimera) and Windows 10 (UEFI) on separate hard drives, as proposed in this thread.

Now, since I'm a Derp, I bricked my Yosemite OS and will need to reinstall it from scratch (probably Sierra GM at this point...).

Since my Windows drive is fine and worked well in multiboot, is there something I need to consider when reinstalling Mac OS? Will the dual boot work again without having to reinstall Windows as well? Any recommendations? Thanks a lot in advance!!
If you used the linked guide and managed to get Chimera to boot Windows installed UEFI mode can you tell me how you managed it? I was never able to get Chimera to recognize the boot files of a UEFI Win8/10 install.

If you used the linked guide and managed to get Chimera to boot Windows installed UEFI mode can you tell me how you managed it? I was never able to get Chimera to recognize the boot files of a UEFI Win8/10 install.
I'm sorry, you are correct. I used Legacy mode, not UEFI. So, back to my original problem, is there any chance I can use this drive again? What should I do? Thank you so much in advance!

I'm sorry, you are correct. I used Legacy mode, not UEFI. So, back to my original problem, is there any chance I can use this drive again? What should I do? Thank you so much in advance!
There is no problem if you want to install OS X on a separate drive. Just make sure that once installed and you are installing Clover that you install Clover in Legacy Mode. This is the default mode in the Clover download or you can select Quick Start->Legacy Mode in MultiBeast. Clover installed UEFI mode will not boot Windows installed Legacy Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back