Contribute
Register

Rehabmans CodecCommander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind to use a pure AppleHDA injector, you must remove the xml/zml patch.
(because the files in Resources are *.xml.zlib, not *.zml.zlib).
I'm pretty sure I already mentioned this...

Success.

So your basically saying to remove KextToPatch for audio?

Keep in mind to use a pure AppleHDA injector, you must remove the xml/zml patch.

Success.

Happy days. Ive got AppleHDA_ALC887.kext working. i removed the zml.zlib patch re-done AppleHDA_ALC887.kext and its working. Do i still need pin configs in my SSDT?

Success.

Right heres the outcome. With AppleHDA_ALC887.kext i slept the desktop let it sleep for a minute woke her up without playing Music i.e Spotify or iTunes tried audio and theres audio after a minute of not playing audio straight after waking up.

Only thing is that front jack is getting stuck until i sleep the desktop then unplug headphone then ill get audio from Green Port in the back.

So your basically saying to remove KextToPatch for audio?

Just the xml->zml patch.

Happy days. Ive got AppleHDA_ALC887.kext working. i removed the zml.zlib patch re-done AppleHDA_ALC887.kext and its working. Do i still need pin configs in my SSDT?

Setting pinconfigs with SSDT+CodecCommander is just an alternate implementation.
I find it much easier to experiment with the pinconfigs by modifying the SSDT instead of the pinconfig data as specified for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver (because the pinconfigs in SSDT are full 32-bit values, instead of broken up into 8-byte pieces).

Right heres the outcome. With AppleHDA_ALC887.kext i slept the desktop let it sleep for a minute woke her up without playing Music i.e Spotify or iTunes tried audio and theres audio after a minute of not playing audio straight after waking up.

So I guess these new files fixed something...???

Only thing is that front jack is getting stuck until i sleep the desktop then unplug headphone then ill get audio from Green Port in the back.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say there...
This is different from before?

Just the xml->zml patch.

Setting pinconfigs with SSDT+CodecCommander is just an alternate implementation.
I find it much easier to experiment with the pinconfigs by modifying the SSDT instead of the pinconfig data as specified for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver (because the pinconfigs in SSDT are full 32-bit values, instead of broken up into 8-byte pieces).

So I guess these new files fixed something...???

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say there...
This is different from before?

What is the best way to implement pin configs in a SSDT?

Well i seem to be having audio out of sleep without playing audio straight away so something has changed. If i sleep the computer with headphones connected wake up the machine and unplug the headphones its stuck on front headphones jack which i had before until i sleep the computer without headphones connected then wake back green port works. Its very different when waking the computer up then plug headphones in it works but not the other way round.

The reason why I'm so interested in the pin config way is because it works very well on my 4540s and on my Intel DH67BL desktop. But maybe it won't work the same on my Z77-DS3H won't know until i try.

Ive also realised how tricky it is implementing Audio it seems to be a very complex thing.

What is the best way to implement pin configs in a SSDT?

You can generate the SSDT with gen_ahhcd.sh.

Well i seem to be having audio out of sleep without playing audio straight away so something has changed. If i sleep the computer with headphones connected wake up the machine and unplug the headphones its stuck on front headphones jack

What do you mean by "stuck"?

You can generate the SSDT with gen_ahhcd.sh.

What do you mean by "stuck"?

Ill give gen_ahhcd.sh ago.

Left the machine in sleep for 11 hours just woke it up and not played any audio and now i still have audio after sleep.

Headphones stuck meaning that if i wake the machine up and unplug the headphones it stays on headphones instead of switching to Internal Speakers.

Headphones stuck meaning that if i wake the machine up and unplug the headphones it stays on headphones instead of switching to Internal Speakers.

Desktops typically do not have combo jacks...
Seems like you have a laptop pathmap config...

Your speakers vs. headphones are not showing as a separate output in SysPrefs->Sound?

Desktops typically do not have combo jacks...
Seems like you have a laptop pathmap config...

Your speakers vs. headphones are not showing as a separate output in SysPrefs->Sound?

All i can say is using AppleHDA_ALC887.kext has fixed no Audio out of sleep. I also do have CodecCommander installed so thats probably helping also.

Nope never have done mate. It always shows this. Even with realtekALC.

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 16.27.48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back