Contribute
Register

Refusal to update further than Mojave / SMBIOS outdated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have deleted unnecessary kexts in L/E. In S/L/E are only legit kexts. After repairing permissions and rebuilding the kext cache I still can't boot into Mojave.

IMG_3730.jpg

Plus I get different error messages.
IMG_3731.jpgIMG_3732.jpg

I don't know. My eyes are tired for today. Thank you so much for your help! I'll have a fresh look at it tomorrow.

Last edited:
You need to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache wile in Mojave. Best to use Terminal commands when in safe mode.

Type (copy & paste) each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

Rebuild Kext Cache​

Type (copy & paste) the following command in the Terminal:
  • sudo kextcache -i /
Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Just to double check this step:

- I booted into Safe Mode through your EFI folder
- I cleaned up L/E from double and unnecessary kexts and copied those from your EFI folder in, to match version numbers AND I removed AppleALC.kext, like Pilgrim advised
- S/L/E contains no Hackintosh related kexts, so I leave it alone
- I ran repair permissions on both folders L/E and S/L/E again and have rebuild kext cache

So, let's see how it goes.

Edit: Still hangs on boot.

Attachments

• 33ABFF2A-5EA1-4BA3-800D-441D791909F5.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
- I cleaned up L/E from double and unnecessary kexts and copied those from your EFI folder in
This is the issue.

You shouldn't have copied any kexts from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder to /L/E. DO NOT USE /L/E for kext installation.

You need to read this post/guide by JayMonkey regarding Third-Party Kexts and /L/E - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/

All the kexts in the Kexts folder are supposed to be injected by OpenCore from the Kexts folder.
  1. You need to boot in to Mojave in Safe Mode, again.
  2. Remove the kexts you copied from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder in to /L/E.
    1. Then Repair Permissions for /L/E.
    2. Then Rebuild the Kernel Cache, so the kexts are no longer used directly by macOS Mojave.
  3. Reboot your system.
Clean Nvram:
  1. Boot from the EFI folder (with ALL the kexts I provided in the /OC/Kexts folder).
  2. When you get to the OC GUI boot screen, press the 'Spacebar'
    1. This will display the ClearNvram, OpenShell, ResetSystem and ResetNvram tools.
    2. Select the ClearNvram tool,
    3. Then the ResetSystem tool.
  3. The system will automatically reboot, so select the USB drive again.
  4. This time boot macOS Mojave (not in Safe Mode).
Any issues during the boot, just take a photo and post a copy here, so we can see what needs changing in the EFI setup provided.

Just for clarification. It's Clover I have installed. So after F11 - Reset NVRAM, R - Soft Reset = ResetSystem tool?

Edit: It must have been, because the system rebooted, like you have written.

The boot log ended here:
IMG_3740.jpg

Most of the times booting it already gets stuck here:
IMG_3741.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, before P1LGRIM says it again, you need to remove AppleALC.kext from the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

As that seems to be the cause of the kernel panic in the image above.

How is that possible? I have deleted the AppleALC.kext from your EFI folder and L/E...

Okay, by checking the downloaded AppleALC folder I see an executable file named alc-verb included. Maybe I left this one in L/E as it had no obvious AppleALC correlation for me at first glance. Could this be the reason for the kernel panic? I can't have a look at my system right now.

For the sake of learning. Which line points at AppleALC in the latest log? I cannot find it myself.

Sorry, ignore the remove AppleALC.kext message.

It was late when I sent that message and I misread the first screenshot in post #26. It mentions a different backtrace issue, not the AppleALC.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back