Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm thinking it's time to update my graphics card. I have a 660ti that I have used in both my mac pro and, when that bit the dust, my current hackintosh. Though there were some bumps along the way of getting my hackintosh to work, the video card was not one of them, and it worked out-of-box in the mac pro.

Does anyone know if there are any associated annoyances that might come with swapping out the 660ti for the 970? I've looked around and seen a lot of people having issues with the 970 (and others having no problem getting it working), but since those were initial builds, I don't know if the problems they had were associated with the build in general or the card specifically. I'm planning on getting the EVGA SSC ACX 2.0+ 970, and I am running 10.10.4 using clover as my bootloader.

I'm thinking it's time to update my graphics card. I have a 660ti that I have used in both my mac pro and, when that bit the dust, my current hackintosh. Though there were some bumps along the way of getting my hackintosh to work, the video card was not one of them, and it worked out-of-box in the mac pro.

Does anyone know if there are any associated annoyances that might come with swapping out the 660ti for the 970? I've looked around and seen a lot of people having issues with the 970 (and others having no problem getting it working), but since those were initial builds, I don't know if the problems they had were associated with the build in general or the card specifically. I'm planning on getting the EVGA SSC ACX 2.0+ 970, and I am running 10.10.4 using clover as my bootloader.

Before you swap cards, download the latest drivers from nVidia for your OS X version and install, open preferences and use the nVidia control panel to change to nVidia drivers.
Shutdown. Swap cards. Boot. Hopefully you will have no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back