Contribute
Register

Red battery in status bar 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
but how i can really understand if the data is valid? maybe it is wrong data... we have hackintosh not real mac :)

If you suspect the data is not valid in 10.11, compare the data you see in Yosemite to El Capitan.

and i do not understand why you did something with this battery http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...73-solved-getting-red-battery-status-bar.html

man have the same situation, or am I wrong?

Different situation. You have the updated ACPIBatteryManager.kext, so that situation cannot possibly show.

I used to have the same issue, especially after unplugging the AC charger after booting with it inserted... RehabMan knows xD, his new kext helped a lot and solved the problem.

This is different issue. The battery in this case is reporting significant degradation.

Hmm... :\ I thought it is the "fCurrentRate" again.

Not possible with the current kext.

And no sign of that so far. Problem is battery is at 45% of original capacity, so CycleCount (estimated) is large.

Current battery kext is here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

But your red battery indication is to be expected with the degraded state of your battery.

Note that you can override the configuration so that CycleCount is not injected by the kext...

This example is based on the information provided in config_override.txt (a file from the battery kext repo):

Code:
into method label RMCF parent_label BAT0 remove_entry;
into device label BAT0 insert
begin
Method(RMCF)\n
{\n
    Return(Package()\n
    {\n
        "EstimateCycleCountDivisor", 0,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Your battery will still be degraded, but the OS X will be unaware of the estimated CycleCount.

Note that you can override the configuration so that CycleCount is not injected by the kext...

This example is based on the information provided in config_override.txt (a file from the battery kext repo):

Code:
into method label RMCF parent_label BAT0 remove_entry;
into device label BAT0 insert
begin
Method(RMCF)\n
{\n
    Return(Package()\n
    {\n
        "EstimateCycleCountDivisor", 0,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Your battery will still be degraded, but the OS X will be unaware of the estimated CycleCount.
Mine also shows red icon with 75 % battery left and its a brand new machine. Any clues. Attaching IOReg when the battery icon is red.

Attachments

• Raj’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 96
Mine also shows red icon with 75 % battery left and its a brand new machine. Any clues. Attaching IOReg when the battery icon is red.

You have something strange:

IsCharging=false
FullyCharged=true
CurrentCapacity=0x76
MaxCapacity=0x87a
DesignCapacity=0x80b
Amperage=0

So... summary:
- MaxCapacity is greater than DesignCapacity (impossible, clearly indicates bad data from DSDT)
- battery is not charging, "fully charged", yet is only 5% of maxcap (CurrentCapacity/MaxCapacity)

You have some issues with your DSDT battery code...

Use the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext and/or ACPIDebug.kext to determine what you have wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back