Motherboard
TBC
CPU
I5 6600
Graphics
Radeon m395
Mac
  1. iMac
New user here, Please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere.

I have a late 2015 27” iMac that has a failed screen and logic board. The quote from Apple is in excess of 1k so is not something I am willing to invest further in As no doubt the fusion would be next to fail and so on. Complete loss of consumer confidence.

id like to recycle as much of it as I can and am struggling to find a compatible, non Apple motherboard.

it needs to be 1151 and support ddr3. i have an old ATX case I can adapt to house it.
any tips or suggestions would be very welcome.

I really like OSX, but won’t be buying another iMac and will build a hackintosh using the part list on here if this cannot be reused.

thanks

d like to recycle as much of it as I can
There are many salvageable parts in that iMac and it's new enough that someone would buy it as is right now. Try local Mac repair shops who can easily reuse parts when fixing or replacing parts in other 2015 iMacs. There are two speakers, a PSU, wireless/BT card, heatsink, a single cooling fan, iSight camera and the SSD part of the fusion drive. All vaulable stuff.

You could also post on the internet locally as "parts only" to see if anyone is interested.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, thank you for the pointers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back