Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I apologize in advance since this is not strictly a hackintosh issue, but I ran out of ideas and my googling is not turning out any leads so I was wondering if you guys have some thoughts.

I have a 3tb drive that my hack just suddenly stopped detecting. As far as I know I've never had read/write problems from it, SMART seems good, etc.. But one day my mac just couldn't see it. So I rebooted ran First Aid and did some basic troubleshooting. For some reason my mac only detects it as a 4GB unpartitioned (uninitialized) drive. I can't figure out what happend to the rest of the 3tb or how to get my mac to recognize it.

At this point I've already bought a new drive and replaced it. I was just wondering if there's something else I can do to recover the files before I throw this drive in the trash. Files on there were just dvd/bluray rips for PLex, which I can rerip, but it'll take me weeks to get my library digitized again. Which I can do, but I'd like to avoid if possible.

I'm thinking if I could at least get my mac to recognize the full 3tb (even if it's trashed), I can probably use something like Disk Drill to do a deep scan and recover some files.

Thoughts? Thanks

Your data wasn't important enough to back up but it is important enough to spend time recovering ?

You might try Disk Warrior.

yep I figured before I trash it I'd spend an hour or so on it.

thanks for the recommendation, Disk Warrior is expensive though. I'll look for alternatives along that line though

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back