CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im currently using the ethernet on Lion but would love to get rid of this cable trailing across my place, whats the recommended PCI wifi card that work ok. Im tempted to follow that guide and make my own but if theres a card then please reply :).

Thank you for that mate.
Whats the process like in getting these cards to work, are they easy to get going?

satch said:
Thank you for that mate.
Whats the process like in getting these cards to work, are they easy to get going?
Try search the forum on those various models and see how other users are getting through. If they are in the list, I am quite sure it is compatible with OSX.

I "built" two of these w/o any problems. Two parts to the wifi card. Easy do for low risk card that works. For Win7 use, you'll have to use the Boot Camp drives.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1143

Sorry I haven't replied. Ive purchased the D-Link DWA-556, so we'll see when it arrives.

Purchased the D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N PCI Express card from ebay, plugged it in and works straight away no .kexts or setting up :).

Is there anyway I can get Airdrop to work, I have it on the Macbook pro so would be nice for the pc. I read it only works on certain dated machines.

hmm.. I just installed exactly same card and its not recognized by OS Lion for some reason.
Any tricks?
Thanks!!

I happened to see a tip from an article that helped me to enable this. Hope this helps you and everybody else enable the AirDrop.

Enable AirDrop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back