Contribute
Register

Recommended Mac Pro build is frozen with Snow Leopard update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
new
CPU
new
Graphics
new
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I do not have access to a Mac. I purchased the Core i5-3570 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-TH - HD 4000 - Ivy Bridge - DSDT-Free! I got the vengence memory I replaced the i5 ivy with an I3 sandy bridge temporarily. I am using its native video I think 2500. I did this to work around all the problems of using Snow Leopard. I got Snow Leopard to install no problems once I figured that out. I used multiboot and then update helper they seemed fine but I believe I do not have the setting in multiboot correct as I have used easy setting. It then reboots and all if fine. I then go to update to Snow Leopard. It is successful. Once it reboots, it comes to a white screen with some twirling and then reboots to bios. The -v says something about the no itunes... I am doing all of this to have the flawless install that the z77ud5h has in Mountain Lion. But of course cant get mountain lion until I get updated Snow Leopard. What I am proposing is I am asking for a step by step for this recommended build. Maybe it just cant be updated... I worked on this for countless hours. This I do not recommend

Finally figured out the common thread to completing my mountain lion build.
In snow leopard 10.6.3 it liked the onboard video and a sandy bridge. That was necessary.

Then for the update I needed a video geforce video card. It was the key after 2 weekends of work. I could not believe it.

The after the Mountain lion update use the onboard video and my ivy bridge 3570. It worked perfect.

So the failures all stemmed from a video problem

No boot codes helped me.

But -v definetly finally helped. And one obscure thread I saw that told me about this video card thing.

I can share my bios settings I used bios 11 update through the entire process. I am definetly happy.

I would like to donate money to tonymac86 if it responds to this thread. It could have saved 2 weekends.

I also found multibeast settings for lion on an obscure thread on google which helped get sound and ethernet working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back