Contribute
Register

Recommendations for i7-960 build invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks justrus, :eek:

I started this journey wanting to build an i7-2600 system but soon realized that too unstable. If u reckon waiting a few weeks will make a difference I will take your advise. We were planning to get our hands dirty first with an old clunker first anyway.

Even though an i7-950/960 would be more than great, it is getting a little long in the tooth.

Cheers Theo

Just don't take my "few weeks" comment as indicating I know anything special. It's just a guess based on the fact that at least the Sandybridge mobile chips/chipsets are in the latest Macbook Pros and 10.6.7 is being seeded to developers in what I believe is its 7th dev build... getting closer to real release.

A lot depends on what kind of support Apple ships in future SW builds. And this, I would guess, depends on what kind of chips Apple ships in the next iMacs.

Of course, it's also possible that Apple won't make a move on the desktop area until 1356 or 2011 chipsets are released in Q4. In which case, that "few weeks" might be more like "a bunch of months."

So it's a tough choice right now.

Thanks Justrus,

I'll leave it until we see what apple do with their next release and just how much SB support there is. I am guessing the new SB iMacs aren't too far way.

Cheers
;)

I reccomend when install use usb keyboard and mouse, becouse with PS2 don't boot the instalation!!

Thanks mastermax81.
:thumbup:

Today I change my Video card of office the:
- ZT-40403-10P NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 AMP! 1GB Gddr5 256bit 2*Dvi/HDMI/DP PCi-Ex
With:
- ZT-40101-10P ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 1536MB Gddr5 384bit 2*Dvi/HDMI PCi-Ex
Because I have some problems of stability, sometimes reboot and blackscreen..
Instead with the:
- ZT-40202-10P GeForce® GTX 470 AMP!
That use at home I don't have any problems but my seller haven't a nother one... :(
The ZT-40101-10P GTX480 I read in this forums it is fully 100% compatible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back