Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-WS
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Just wondering what recommended things to look for when buying Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth combo chips/cards. I know atleast one thing to look for is that they should be recognized as things like "Airport Extreme" in System Information, rather than "3rd party card"'s for best compatibility, but I'm also interested in what cards/chips can specifically be recommended. I'm looking for something that can support AirDrop. Also, are all Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth combo chips/cards supported out of the box for OS X/macOS, or only some/selective few? And if so, which/what are they?

Use boot camp drivers , if you go to eBay and contact the seller he will give you a link to download drivers. I have used this for a few weeks it just works, I don't lose connection anymore, as I did with usb dongle, and it finds new blue tooth devices much faster.
PC/Hackintosh - Handoff and Continuity - Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC with Bluetooth 4.0 OS X Yosemite 10.10+
Airdrop Support
Handoff Support for OS X Yosemite 10.10 or higher
NO other kext or any patching needed
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad

In the Box:
1 x Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11ac with Bluetooth 4.0
DOWNLOAD speed on my machine.
393.31Mbps
1 x USB power cable
WiFi: Vendor ID: 0x14E4 Product ID: 0x111
Bluetooth: Vendor ID: 0x05AC Product ID: 0x828D
Requirements:
Download: Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 for PC WIN support
One Empty PCIe 1x slot for the card
One Empty USB power plug 9pin on MOBO

This units is specifically for Hackintosh/PC application, if works the same as the MacPro version seen in my other auctions except the USB connector is standard PC USB 9pin vs USB 2.0 for the MacPro version.

Just as with the MacPro version this is North America only sale as the Broadcom card required for Europe or Asia is different, I might have some in stock please contact me.

FAQ
  • Will this work in a MacPro 1,1 to 5,1 / NO this is specifically design for use in PC's and not Mac's please check my other actions
  • How does this differ from OSXWifi product ? The Vendor ID, Product ID and performance are identical, only difference is the orientation of the card
  • Out of the box this unit will work without installation of any drivers or software on your X86 version of OS X 10.10+
  • BOOTCAMP WIN PC partition will require downloading and installing correct BROADCOM drivers.
https://markwithtech.com/assets/files/2017-02-18/02:17:410-apple-bluetooth-wifi-adapterzip.zip

Attachments

• 02_17_410-apple-bluetooth-wifi-adapterzip.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Use boot camp drivers , if you go to eBay and contact the seller he will give you a link to download drivers. I have used this for a few weeks it just works, I don't lose connection anymore, as I did with usb dongle, and it finds new blue tooth devices much faster.
PC/Hackintosh - Handoff and Continuity - Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC with Bluetooth 4.0 OS X Yosemite 10.10+
Airdrop Support
Handoff Support for OS X Yosemite 10.10 or higher
NO other kext or any patching needed
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad

In the Box:
1 x Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11ac with Bluetooth 4.0
DOWNLOAD speed on my machine.
393.31Mbps
1 x USB power cable
WiFi: Vendor ID: 0x14E4 Product ID: 0x111
Bluetooth: Vendor ID: 0x05AC Product ID: 0x828D
Requirements:
Download: Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 for PC WIN support
One Empty PCIe 1x slot for the card
One Empty USB power plug 9pin on MOBO

This units is specifically for Hackintosh/PC application, if works the same as the MacPro version seen in my other auctions except the USB connector is standard PC USB 9pin vs USB 2.0 for the MacPro version.

Just as with the MacPro version this is North America only sale as the Broadcom card required for Europe or Asia is different, I might have some in stock please contact me.

FAQ
  • Will this work in a MacPro 1,1 to 5,1 / NO this is specifically design for use in PC's and not Mac's please check my other actions
  • How does this differ from OSXWifi product ? The Vendor ID, Product ID and performance are identical, only difference is the orientation of the card
  • Out of the box this unit will work without installation of any drivers or software on your X86 version of OS X 10.10+
  • BOOTCAMP WIN PC partition will require downloading and installing correct BROADCOM drivers.
https://markwithtech.com/assets/files/2017-02-18/02:17:410-apple-bluetooth-wifi-adapterzip.zip

I have that card, and in Windows the Bluetooth is working perfectly, but for the life of me, the Device Manager cannot find the update for the Wifi from these folders.

How to install the driver:
To install the WiFi Adapter on Windows 7/8/10 for the first time, do the following:

1. Connect your WiFi Adapter to your computer's PCi-e port (Connect the USB bluetooth cable to your 9-pin connector of motherboard.).
2. From Windows Explorer, open " Computer Management" .
3. In the " Computer Management" left pane, select " Device Manager" .
4. In the " Device Manager" right pane, locate and expand " Network Adapter" .
5. In " Network Adapter" , right-click the name of the device you connected, and then select " Update Driver Software" .
6. In the "Hardware Update" wizard, select Browse "my computer for driver software" and click Next.
7. Click " Browse" and then locate the Driver folder. For example, the WLAN Driver is located in " D:\Drivers\BCM94360CD\WLAN Driver for Windows 7_8_10\ "
8. Click Next to install the driver.

Specifications
  • Model: BCM94360CD
  • UP To: 1300Mbps 5GHz + 450Mbps 2.4GHz
  • Standards: IEEE 802.11n (draft),IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11AC
  • Operating System: Win xp/ Win7/8,8.1/ Linux / Mac OS 10.7,10.8,10.9,10.10
  • Interface: PCI-E X1 X4 X8 X16

Attachments

• BCM94360CD-Minihere.com.zip
    81.3 MB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back