Integraded HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Just found out the 1tb Seagate 7200rpm hard drive I bought will not work. Luckily, I can go exchange for another model at Bestbuy. I need a quick recommendation please. Nothing special, preferably 750+ (could deal with 500gb), 7200rpm SATA.

I installed Lion after building my Hackintosh yesterday with such ease! Only trouble I've had is being able to boot from hard drive, and it is because of the 4K sector. Anyone have a hard drive they can recommend that they have not had any problems with?

I'm going to try to leave for BB soon, but not going unless I know the HD will work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
I5-2500K

You guys rock.
J

jleblanc23 said:
Hey guys,

Just found out the 1tb Seagate 7200rpm hard drive I bought will not work. Luckily, I can go exchange for another model at Bestbuy. I need a quick recommendation please. Nothing special, preferably 750+ (could deal with 500gb), 7200rpm SATA.

I installed Lion after building my Hackintosh yesterday with such ease! Only trouble I've had is being able to boot from hard drive, and it is because of the 4K sector. Anyone have a hard drive they can recommend that they have not had any problems with?

I'm going to try to leave for BB soon, but not going unless I know the HD will work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
I5-2500K

You guys rock.
J

Have you tried this?

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=42881

Hey Brownin,

Yeah. Tried that last night. Was not successful for me. Might have been doing it wrong.

The install was so easy, Multibeast, Bootloaders, etc.. Trying to get a hard drive from BestBuy that has none of these issues. Hopefully this is possible..

Has anyone had any trouble/progress with Western Digital - Caviar GP model or Caviar 1tb Black??
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Western+Dig ... Id=8909595

Thanks
J

I've read somewhere that Chimera the bootloader is not a fan of booting off over 1TB + hard drives, but if you managed to install Mac OSX that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure really I'm afraid..

jleblanc23 said:
Hey guys,

GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
I5-2500K

You guys rock.
J

Is it a green seagate? I've seen serious failures with said drives and I've seen it mentioned many times on this board.

Otherwise I'd stick to the under the 1TB rule and you shouldn't have any problems.

Nope. Barracuda.

I went with the 500gb Western Digital Caviar Green. Slower than the Seagate, but worked alot easier.

For some strange reason though, freezes when I use HDMI on apple logo screen upon bootup.

Thanks!
J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back