Contribute
Register

Recommendation: 450Mbps 5Ghz/2.4Ghz PCI-E wireless card

Status
Not open for further replies.
baybaymac said:
I bought the same card today but it could not be detected by Lion. Manually injected the device ID 168c,0030 into IO80211Family.kext / plugin / AirPortAtheros21.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext respectively, it worked. System shows as follows. Anyone who wants the edited kext please have it, enjoy!

Thank you VERY much for that kext. I recently got the Apple Atheros AR9380 mPCIe card off eBay and I couldn't get Lion to recognize the card until I tried your kext. So, again, thank you!!

:thumbup:

baybaymac said:
I bought the same card today but it could not be detected by Lion. Manually injected the device ID 168c,0030 into IO80211Family.kext / plugin / AirPortAtheros21.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext respectively, it worked. System shows as follows. Anyone who wants the edited kext please have it, enjoy!

I tried your kext with the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 card and it still doesn't show up at all. Not even under Wifi in the system report dialog. The card works in Windows (and it has the same ID's). Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: A full reinstall solved the problem. Must've been some buggy kexts

I've installed the TP-link WDN4800 a week ago on a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 board (bios rev. F11, Mac OS 10.7.3, install done with Mulibeast 4.3.1 no extra patch installed)

On my config I confirm that it works OOB and that airdrop is natively supported. No issue so far with sleep/wake. It's a great card that I highly recommend. Thanks Tokay to have posted it first !!!!http://www.tonymacx86.com/posting.php?f=19&t=52884&mode=reply&d=1551#

I can also confirm this card (+ airdrop) works on Lion! 10.7.3

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
i7 2700k
AMD 6780

Can anyone give me reason to why it isn't working? I bought it cause it was confirmed to work OOB, but it isn't. I installed it in Windows then booted into Lion and it isn't showing up, I even tried using the kext provided above. I'm on 10.7.3.

I found that when dual boots Windows/OSX the NIC sometimes not working. I believe the NIC is powered down by the OSes differently and so they don't recognise it when rebooting from one to the other.

I found the only fix in this situation is to shutdown and cut power for 10-20 seconds allow complete power drain from motherboard and NIC before booting up again to the other OS.

Hi,

I ordered the card here in New Zealand from uk upon reading the success stories on this site. The card arrived, I fixed it in my pc and fired up. It natively saw the card ans says it on in network prerferences but it doesn't connect to the network. I have Airport Extreme 4th generation router. It doesn't seems to find my networks in the airport utility which is updated to latest version 5.4.2.

As per your instructions I have updated my device ID to 168c,0030 in all three places and used kept helper to install it but it doesn't seems to help!

If I try to manually configure the SSID it keeps asking me the password in the network pane but in the Airport utility it doesn't even show the networks. I have tried everything, even connected a second wireless router which my iPad and other devices can see but not this machine. Any ideas, please help, I am like going crazy without any luck!! Please help!

I am running 10.6.8.

UPDATE

I have tested the card on 10.7, 10.7.1. 10.7.2, 10.7.3 and finally 10.7.4. The card is natively picked up by all OSes but couldn't find a network for the sake of God. The card is active and on in network preferences but cant locate a network. I have even changed the router from Airport Extreme 4th generation to Netcomm but no success. Manually types in SSD's if you wan to propose but it doesn't wan to work. I need a genious to figure this out please....

Cheers

Thank you for the recommendation Tokay.

After building my Hackintosh, my previous WiFi card (ASUS PCE-N13) was not recognised and there were no 10.7.4 chipset drivers available for it.

Based on the recommendation of this thread, I purchased the TL-WDN4800 card a week ago and can confirm that it is detected as a native AirPort Extreme card, and that 802.11n works out-of-box without a custom/modified kernel extension. I have also tested and can confirm that AirDrop works between my Hackintosh and MacBook Pro.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-20%20at%205.02.46%20AM.png

Can anyone tell me how you got this card to work in windows. I just installed windows 7 and it doesnt load any drivers and there dont seem to be any online that are usable.

Thank you very much for the recommendation.
It is great to hear that this card work natively as 450M Airport card.

The price of this card is a bit higher than the combination of the Apple AR9380+Adaptor.

I found that the reception of the Apple AR9380+Adaptor is much poor than my real iMac which use the same card. I think it is due to the quality of the adaptor.

I hope this card can have a better reception than the Native Airport card method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back