Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Need help recognizing SATA controllers on ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe

I've used the P8Z77-I Deluxe, and I've got everything working except for sleep. Thanks to everyone for making such a solid solution with such a great motherboard. That being said...

Even though the SATA controllers work fine and I can see all my drives, System Information shows a bunch of "Unknown AHCI Standard Controllers". Under most circumstances, that would be just fine. However, I've installed a hot swap drive bay and I can't seem to hot swap. (FWIW, I've already enables hot swapping in BIOS so that's not it.) I have to shut down, insert the drive, and restart every time. This is less than ideal. I can live with it if I have to. I'd just rather not. :p

Has anyone gotten their SATA controllers to recognize with this board? Thanks in advance!

(It should go without saying, but I'm using Mountain Lion.)

I've used the P8Z77-I Deluxe, and I've got everything working except for sleep. Thanks to everyone for making such a solid solution with such a great motherboard. That being said...

Even though the SATA controllers work fine and I can see all my drives, System Information shows a bunch of "Unknown AHCI Standard Controllers". Under most circumstances, that would be just fine. However, I've installed a hot swap drive bay and I can't seem to hot swap. (FWIW, I've already enables hot swapping in BIOS so that's not it.) I have to shut down, insert the drive, and restart every time. This is less than ideal. I can live with it if I have to. I'd just rather not. :p

Has anyone gotten their SATA controllers to recognize with this board? Thanks in advance!

(It should go without saying, but I'm using Mountain Lion.)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/54645-test-report-asus-p8z77-i-mini-itx-3570k.html might be a little help

Thanks for the link, though I'm not quite site what it is that I'm supposed to be looking for here.

install the 3rd party sata from multibeast

I was considering that, but I could have sworn that there's a blurb that says it'll kill hot swapping. Have you tried it out, yourself with a similar SATA chipset? Thanks in advance.

install the 3rd party sata from multibeast

Has anyone tried this? Can they verify? My current setup is extremely stable aside from this hiccup so I would rather not send it into a tailspin. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back