Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Have successfully installed SL by removing 1 bank of memory to leave 4gb. Can reboot from the hd and everything runs perfectly as long as I only have 4 gb, but when I reinstall the third bank of ram (for a total of 6 gb), bootstrap halts saying the computer is shutting down. Of course, I ran Multibeast selecting nvenabler, legacyhda, hdaenabler, ioahciblockstorageinjector, jmicron36xesata, fakesmc, EvOreboot, legacyapplertc.kext, nullcpupowermanagement. Any ideas? Am I forgetting something needed to handle triple channel ram or >4gb?

The memory is good (3 x 2gb OCZ) and runs perfectly in win 7 64-bit.

MB X58-UD3R
Nividia GEForce 9800
6gb DDR3

Are you running the latest bios for your board? Gigabyte had some flakey problems with memory in the early bioses...
Did you try "Load optimal defaults", reboot and then set the Hackintosh optimal settings?

AND
As far as I know, you can trash the nullcpupowermanagement....

good luck,
ninetto

ghorwith said:
Have successfully installed SL by removing 1 bank of memory to leave 4gb. Can reboot from the hd and everything runs perfectly as long as I only have 4 gb, but when I reinstall the third bank of ram (for a total of 6 gb), bootstrap halts saying the computer is shutting down. Of course, I ran Multibeast selecting nvenabler, legacyhda, hdaenabler, ioahciblockstorageinjector, jmicron36xesata, fakesmc, EvOreboot, legacyapplertc.kext, nullcpupowermanagement. Any ideas? Am I forgetting something needed to handle triple channel ram or >4gb?

The memory is good (3 x 2gb OCZ) and runs perfectly in win 7 64-bit.

MB X58-UD3R
Nividia GEForce 9800
6gb DDR3

wait a minute. don't X58 boards use triple channel memory?

wait a minute. don't X58 boards use triple channel memory?

That's what he is talking about. 4GB because of bootloader limitations, then 6gb (=3x 2GB, triple channel). The board does not HAVE to run triple ram, but it can.

There are a number of posts regarding memory recognition problems on the Gigabyte board forum, maybe it is worth looking into...

good luck, ninetto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back