Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo ideapad 330S - Clover
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620 (1920x1080)
My laptop has bios whitelist, so I am thinking about buying atheros or broadcom wireless card and rebranding it, but I cannot find which cards are in my laptop's whitelist.. So question is - when rebranding, can I give Intel card's IDs to non-Intel card?

My laptop has bios whitelist, so I am thinking about buying atheros or broadcom wireless card and rebranding it, but I cannot find which cards are in my laptop's whitelist..

You might look for clues in your hardware maintenance manual.
You could even order one of the cards on the FRU list to inspect and see which IDs it uses.

So question is - when rebranding, can I give Intel card's IDs to non-Intel card?

Yes, ... I assume you're thinking of an AR9280 rebranded as Intel.
I have done this and it works, but then you can only get the card working on macOS/OS X (via FakePCIID), not Windows.

User manual states that laptop supports only BCM43162 wireless card.. So maybe it would be safer for me to buy Broadcom card and give it the supported card ID? Or there is no difference?
Yes, ... I assume you're thinking of an AR9280 rebranded as Intel.
AR9280 has no bluetooth module, so AR9287 and AR9285 would be better choice for me and it is even cheaper.

User manual states that laptop supports only BCM43162 wireless card..

That card is not supported.

So maybe it would be safer for me to buy Broadcom card and give it the supported card ID? Or there is no difference?

Last I checked, rebranding certain Broadcom cards not possible (no tools exist).

AR9280 has no bluetooth module, so AR9287 and AR9285 would be better choice for me and it is even cheaper.

AR3011 bluetooth is not very compatible with macOS (it works, but only for simple devices... it is BT3, not BT4LE).
Your call.

AR3011 bluetooth is not very compatible with macOS (it works, but only for simple devices... it is BT3, not BT4LE).
But is there any compatible bt+wifi solution for hackintosh laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back