Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus prime z370-a
CPU
i7 8700
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi, I got my boot USB prepared using UniBeast 8.3.2 and high sierra and once I'm done formatting my SSD, I proceed to installing OSX and the when it still says "2 minutes" remaining, it reboots. I tried turning on the verbose mode and 'dont reboot on panic' options, but the text it spews just before reboot disappears in a flash.

The system them proceeds to boot from the SSD that I was installing on, and comes up with no audio (no audio devices under Output Devices) and terrible flicker/screen-tear. Has anyone else encountered this? How do I go about root-causing this further?

I have the following:
MB: Asus prime z370a
CPU: i7 8700
RAM: corsair vengeance rgb 16gb (2x8gb)
No GPU
Monitor connected via hdmi

PS: I dont have a mouse (yet)... So I use the voice over navigation (cmd+F5) to make some selections that are not keyboard friendly. Hope that is not messing up things..

Hi, I got my boot USB prepared using UniBeast 8.3.2 and high sierra and once I'm done formatting my SSD, I proceed to installing OSX and the when it still says "2 minutes" remaining, it reboots. I tried turning on the verbose mode and 'dont reboot on panic' options, but the text it spews just before reboot disappears in a flash.

The system them proceeds to boot from the SSD that I was installing on, and comes up with no audio (no audio devices under Output Devices) and terrible flicker/screen-tear. Has anyone else encountered this? How do I go about root-causing this further?

I have the following:
MB: Asus prime z370a
CPU: i7 8700
RAM: corsair vengeance rgb 16gb (2x8gb)
No GPU
Monitor connected via hdmi

PS: I dont have a mouse (yet)... So I use the voice over navigation (cmd+F5) to make some selections that are not keyboard friendly. Hope that is not messing up things..
  • This System you just installed on has the bare minimum of kexts to get you to sign into the new System Desktop.
  • You have to install the Bootloader (CLOVER) and all needed kexts and configurations for the System to function as a Hackintosh.
  • You may use Multibeast or manually install CLOVER and kexts and edit config.plist.

My bad and sorry for pointing it out. I have the wired network and display working fine, there is still no audio, will keep this thread posted once I get that ironed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back