Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm very beginner for this work and experienced about 10 times fails.
Yesterday, I succeeded installation by iboot-lagacy finally.
So I updated 10.6.7 and installed multibeast.
After finised installation, I rebooted my computer, however my computer cannot be boot.
I can just saw apple mark on white back ground.
Would you please let me know why my pc cannnot be boot?
My pc's specification is as below.
And how do you do registration in installation?
I'm looking forward to waiting your suggestion.

Thanks.

CPU : Intel Core2Duo Wolfdale E7400 (775 Socket)
RAM : DDR2 6400 1G*4 = 4G
M/B : MSI G31TM-P21 (ICH7)
Video : NVIDIA Geforce 9400GT
Sound : Realtek ALC888S (onBoard)
LAN : Realtek RTL8103EL (onBoard)
HDD : Weston 350G
ODD : LG Combo (E-IDE)
Installation Version : 10.6.7 Update after SL retail installation

Can you boot with the iBoot disk?

Did you use EasyBeast or a did you find a DSDT for your board?

Try -x -v PCIRootUID=1 at the Chameleon prompt.

Can you take a screenshot if any text appears when you boot.

I cannot boot by iBoot. Instead I can boot by iBoot-Lagacy.
After out of my office, I will check the massage and post that massage as soon as possible.

I troubleshooted the booting way and found the way.
I can boot my hackintosh by iboot-lagacy.
At first, I booted by iboot-lagacy in my DVD-rom.
After that, I choose my hackintosh and can boot my computer.
However I cannot boot except iboot-lagacy in my DVD-rom.
If I try to boot without iboot-lagacy cd, the massage is appeared as attached file.
Would you please let me know the way to boot without iboot-lagacy cd?

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 359
If you can boot with iBoot Legacy, then you have to select the correct kexts in MultiBeast in order to be able to boot without it and have networking, sound and graphics work.

First, did you find a DSDT for your board or are you using EasyBeast?

Second, what selections did you make in MultiBeast?

Thank you for your help.

1. did you find a DSDT for your board or are you using EasyBeast?
? I cannot find a DSDT for my board. So I am using EasyBeast. Fortunately, chip set sound is setted up. However, network is not setted up. So I am finding the way of network set up. I already used tonymacx86 NDIVIA Update 2.0 for my graphic setup.

2. what selections did you make in MultiBeast?
? I selected all of options, EasyBeast, UerDSDT, System Utilities, Advanced Options. Actually I installed MultiBeast before I fully understand it.

Okay, as long as you can get into the OS with iBoot Legacy, you can fix it.

EasyBeast installs a lot of stuff including a bootloader, so let's just work on getting the computer to startup without iBoot Legacy. You might have installed conflicting kexts by using EasyBeast and UserDSDT. Once into Snow Leopard can you list what is in Extra/Extensions. There are more kexts in the System/Library/Extensions but most end up in Extra/Extensions.

Can you try booting without iBoot Legacy and when it gets to the Chamaleon screen, hit the space bar to stop it from immediately going to Snow Leopard, try typing -x -v PCIRootUID=1 then select the Snow Leopard partition.

Thank you for your support!!!
I installed one more time, and I choose my DSDT in 'drivers & bootloader' of multibeast.
Unfortunately, problem is occurred... Network...
I choose and installed 'realtek RTL81XX driver' in drivers & bootloaders.
However, network is not working and inboard lan slot is not lighted...
I already found what the problem is, however I cannot find anything...
Would you please let me know your suggestion?

Your MB has a Realtek 8103EL network chip.

It is not on Lnx2Mac's supported list.

But Realtek's website states that the driver version in the latest MultiBeast should get it working. You did use the lastest MultiBeast?

Can you boot into BIOS and make sure that you haven't inadvertently checked the disable LAN or some such button.

If still stuck, go into System Preferences/Network/Assist me and tell us what it determines.

SnapMan said:
Your MB has a Realtek 8103EL network chip.

It is not on Lnx2Mac's supported list.

But Realtek's website states that the driver version in the latest MultiBeast should get it working. You did use the lastest MultiBeast?

Can you boot into BIOS and make sure that you haven't inadvertently checked the disable LAN or some such button.

If still stuck, go into System Preferences/Network/Assist me and tell us what it determines.

I can confirm that the realtek driver from the website does work on 10.6.7 as well. after update it will break the LAN so use the attached kext file with KextBeast and reboot system. this should get your LAN working. yes i am aware that the file name says RTL 8169 but this will work for for the RTL8102e/8103e that is on the MSI G31TM-P21 motherboard. This kext was taken from the driver installer that realtek provides on their website for the 8102e/8103e. as far as the booting. i too have the same issue. unable to boot without the iBoot Legacy boot disk. good luck

Attachments

• AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip
    191.1 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back