i7-6950X
Graphics
980Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first Hackintosh build, and I've followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.144426 using the standard config.plist attached there.

I can boot to the Clover menu, but when I choose "install", it just reboots. The only kext I added is FakeSMC.kext. I tried it also with AppleIntelE1000e and NullCPUPowerManagement, no difference. I am not using any DSDT or SSDT.

Hardware: Gigabyte X99 Designare, i7-6950x, EVGA Titan Black.
Clover r3625. FakeSMC 6.21.1412.
I tried replacing VBoxHFS-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi
I tried adding OsxAptioFixDrv-64.kext

From where did you download Yosemite ?

I downloaded it from the Mac App Store, of course.

I downloaded it from the Mac App Store, of course.

I am curious as to how you did that as this is your "first Hackintosh build" and Yosemite is no longer available in the App Store unless you have previously downloaded it.

I downloaded it years ago, when it first came out. I think Mavericks and ML are still in my purchase history too. Let's stick to the topic please.

Reboots at Clover or when you try to boot into the Installer?

I can see the Clover screen. Then I click the installer button and it reboots.

I can see the Clover screen. Then I click the installer button and it reboots.

If it reboots after Clover then that could be a kernel problem. Make sure that you download OS X from the Mac App Store and re-do youre pen drive.

I can't figure out whether Clover's Haswell-E kernel patch is supposed to work with Broadwell-E too. Some people say they are very similar architectures...

I can't figure out whether Clover's Haswell-E kernel patch is supposed to work with Broadwell-E too. Some people say they are very similar architectures...

I wouldnt use Haswell E kernel patch with Broadwell E CPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back