Graphics
nVidia GeForce GT 650M, 2048
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I used UniBeast 1.5.1 properly. When I boot from the flash stick, first of all, kexsts are loaded. However, PC reboots in 2-3 minutes after a series of kexts is loaded. Even latest chimera does not load system - the system reboots in a couple of seconds after message "FADT: Restart Fix Applied". Please help me. Even patched dsdt does solve the problem.

Maybe hardware is the reason?

MSI x58 pro-e, i7-920, ATI Radeon HD 5770.

@garthtrickett - and anyone else having a reboot problem before getting to the ML Installer on an MSI X58 Pro-E (or similar) - Check your BIOS settings! The rebooting is NOT because of your video card.

Go to Advanced BIOS Features -> CPU Feature -> Execute Bit Support. Set it to ENABLED. (By default it is disabled, and Lion boots fine with it disabled.)

This worked for me to get to the ML Installer. Otherwise I was about to give up as well - I'd tried nearly every boot flag/argument I could find and even updated my BIOS (under Windows) and booting from the UniBeast USB would run for awhile and then just reboot before the installer. This one setting fixed it.

You'll still have to figure out how to make your video card work though if it needs any boot flags.

... good luck

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH!!!!! My problem is now solved with your help. Installation was done ok! Now it is time to make hardware work properly :)

<s>Did you ever get it to work? I have the same hardware and can't even get unibeast to boot up. It just hangs on the gray screen...</s>

I'm sorry maybe I should read the threat before posting! Will try this tonight and get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back