Contribute
Register

Reboot problem on asus sabertooth z77...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 670
Hi

Was able to successfully install ML 10.8.4 with everything working BUT.. i have this problem with regards to Rebooting. everytime i reboot using the "restart" command from apple menu, My computer will not boot into the bootloader anymore. i just get a blank black screen. i do not even see the post. (i made sure that quick boot on the bios and on chameleon was not set). i need to manually press the power button of my computer to turn the system completely OFF, then power on again... after that it boots again with no problem... what can i do to fix this? is this a booting issue? I think that my ML copy would not shut down or reboot properly?

i have no problems with my windows 8 drive if i select that as my primary boot drive...

i have evoreboot already installed...

the problem seems to come from OSX taking long to shut down programs...

in multibeast i have audio892, hnacks intel ethernet, evoreboot, fakesmc plugins +fakesmc.. using the latest Chameleon bootloader though.
i also patched the appleintelcpumanagement.kext..

everything works.. its just the reboot that i need help with. shut down works as well.

do i update my bios to the latest version?

hope you guys can help.

im using an asus z77 sabertooth mobo
i5 2500k
zotack gtx 670
8gig ram
Western digital sata 3 1tera hd

Hi

Was able to successfully install ML 10.8.4 with everything working BUT.. i have this problem with regards to Rebooting. everytime i reboot using the "restart" command from apple menu, My computer will not boot into the bootloader anymore. i just get a blank black screen. i do not even see the post. (i made sure that quick boot on the bios and on chameleon was not set). i need to manually press the power button of my computer to turn the system completely OFF, then power on again... after that it boots again with no problem... what can i do to fix this? is this a booting issue? I think that my ML copy would not shut down or reboot properly?

i have no problems with my windows 8 drive if i select that as my primary boot drive...

i have evoreboot already installed...

the problem seems to come from OSX taking long to shut down programs...

in multibeast i have audio892, hnacks intel ethernet, evoreboot, fakesmc plugins +fakesmc.. using the latest Chameleon bootloader though.
i also patched the appleintelcpumanagement.kext..

everything works.. its just the reboot that i need help with. shut down works as well.

do i update my bios to the latest version?

hope you guys can help.

im using an asus z77 sabertooth mobo
i5 2500k
zotack gtx 670
8gig ram
Western digital sata 3 1tera hd

I cannot tell you for sure what your problem is or where it lies. I suggest that you try to see if you can see other builds that are similar with Sandy Bridge CPU on Ivy Bridge board. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/51216-asus-z77-sabertooth-i7-2600k-working-audio-network.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=asus z77 sabertooth

Good Luck

Adrian B

Perhaps another screen pick of what i get everytime i reboot will help??? i always get this when i click on reboot... this happens when i leave the computer on for a long time... however if i reboot as soon as i get into the screen without doing much, i get a normal reboot and the hard drive is detected... could it be that the hard drive is the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
For some reason when i attach pictures here its always shown upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back